LinusGirlTips

EmotionalSloth

Yeah I know, yet another thread about a girl, sorry about this guys, just hang on this one might end up being a rant

So when I moved to this school this year I quickly made friends with this one girl. We have been really good friends ever since, and we go out together a lot (with other people though, and nothing serious happens between us other than the occasional cuddle or something like that)

So basically we were friend zoning each other and we were both fine about it, neither of us really wanted anything from each other so yeah..

But over the last few weeks I have been realizing just how perfect she is to me, I mean we have common interests, same sense of humor, similar personalities in a way, and the fact that she is really pretty doesn't hurt :P

Now this is the bad part: a few days ago she told me that she has been secretly having a thing with a friend of mine, they broke up though cos he is leaving the school, but they made out I guess as a grand finale of sorts (she had no clue that I was breaking up inside while she was saying it)

Also, the other day we were in am amusement park together with some friends and while we were playing truth or dare and she got truth and got asked if she would kiss me, and her answer basically was: "Eww no lol just kidding, no but I have some reasons" (What the hell is that reason?! could it be my braces... that would make no sense cos she has them to)

TLDR

I have a crush on a best friend and she has no clue about it and she just got out of a semi serious relationship, also in a week she is leaving for vacation so I wont see her really until school starts. We are both going to the cinema with some friends tomorrow, and it might be my last chance to tell her for a while, should I say something about my crush or wait till school stars?

Credits to anyone who read through the whole thing lol, i had to get this off my chest

inb4 dont ask question about girls on tech forum

inb4 no replies

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

First of all I want this cleared up:

Now this is the bad part: a few days ago she told me that she has been secretly having a thing with a friend of mine, they broke up though cos he is leaving the school, but they made out I guess as a grand finale of sorts (she had no clue that I was breaking up inside while she was saying it)

How is this a problem? I know most of my former girlfriends had other lovers before me, and that never hurt me.

As with everyone asking these kinds of thing. Tell her, not us. Tell her that you have feelings for her, and that you just want to tell that. She can then repay those feelings or decline. If she is truely your friend, she will still be your friend after this.

Why do people think that the opposite gender is always such a mystery?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Soooo, how old are you actually? :D

Also: I'm bad at giving tips cause i suck with girls and i'm in the same position as you, kinda. Just do your thing, i would say! :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

First of all I want this cleared up:

How is this a problem? I know most of my former girlfriends had other lovers before me, and that never hurt me.

As with everyone asking these kinds of thing. Tell her, not us. Tell her that you have feelings for her, and that you just want to tell that. She can then repay those feelings or decline. If she is truely your friend, she will still be your friend after this.

Why do people think that the opposite gender is always such a mystery?

I meant if it is to early to ask her out/tell her about my crush

Definitely. She'll have plenty of time time to think about it (that's what girls will always tell you when being presented with choices) over the holiday. Don't ask me how but just be honest and not get too excited or creepy about it. Also,don't push her. Let it sink in for her and act normal.

Yeah I know, yet another thread about a girl, sorry about this guys, just hang on this one might end up being a rant

I have learned in all my experiences... Er, what people have told me on this forum... you just have to go for the enchilada and do it. Maby wait a little due to the friend make out thing. Like wait till after summer maby.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I know that feel bro it's like ripping you apart inside right?

I don't know how old you are but probably arround 14-16.

I can only give you the advice that you just shouldn't take it too seriously at your age. Just wait the right girl will come along sooner or later, I know this sounds stupid.

I think telling her is your best option here since its the inly way to find out.

But don't go all in with your expectations yet.

Ahh, OK. 

While some people do need a bit of alone time after being in a relationship, it really depends on the person. 

If I were you, I would tell her after she gets home from vacation. 

I don't know how old you are, but I'll shoot you to somewhere between 14-16, keeping the forum avarage in mind. 

If this is the case, don't go into this expecting ever lasting love. Relationships in this age usually don't last long, but enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I know that feel bro it's like ripping you apart inside right?

I don't know how old you are but probably arround 14-16.

I can only give you the advice that you just shouldn't take it too seriously at your age. Just wait the right girl will come along sooner or later, I know this sounds stupid.

I think telling her is your best option here since its the inly way to find out.

But don't go all in with your expectations yet.

I have learned in all my experiences... Er, what people have told me on this forum... you just have to go for the enchilada and do it. Maby wait a little due to the friend make out thing. Like wait till after summer maby.

Its just a bit weird cos so often we have talked to each other and I lied to her saying that I don't care about dating in general till like 11th grade (which is true but she got the best of me:P) and awe would say that we would never date and stuff

It's never too early if you really feel for her. I mean what would be the line? If you really love this girl just tell her, if she refuses you at least you will stop deluding yourself and if she feels the same as you you will wonder why you didn't tell her sooner.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well if you don't want things to get awkward you shouldn't bother mentioning it to her.

I'd say watch this because it's semi-relevant

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Ahh, OK. 

While some people do need a bit of alone time after being in a relationship, it really depends on the person. 

If I were you, I would tell her after she gets home from vacation. 

I guess your right, its pointless to tell her now cos nothing can happen between us for like 2 months anyways

I guess your right, its pointless to tell her now cos nothing can happen between us for like 2 months anyways

If you tell her now then she has 2 months to think about it, and hopefully think about you too :)

Just don't pressure her for an answer, just let her take her time to decide.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its just a bit weird cos so often we have talked to each other and I lied to her saying that I don't care about dating in general till like 11th grade (which is true but she got the best of me:P) and awe would say that we would never date and stuff

That doesn't matter too much I think you should tell her anyway...

If she friendzones you you should just be prepared to move on and don't get all depressed cause that's not gonna change anything then.

Whatever you do, don't go with hookers for a consolation.

Also, just tell her.

Right now a girl is showing lots of signs that she likes me and I'm trying to find the right moment :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That doesn't matter too much I think you should tell her anyway...

If she friendzones you you should just be prepared to move on and don't get all depressed cause that's not gonna change anything then.

I honestly wouldnt even mind that too much cos the way it is so far has worked out pretty well, it just might be a bit awkward at times but still

Pro's of telling her now - She has time to think about it. 

Con's - It might be a bit early

Pro's of telling her later - She might feel ready for a new relationship

Con's - She could've found another bf.

I haven't seen a thread like this in a while.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Whatever you do, don't go with hookers for a consolation.

Also, just tell her.

Right now a girl is showing lots of signs that she likes me and I'm trying to find the right moment :D

Only go to hookers for help with your homework am i right?  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Only go to hookers for help with your homework am i right?  :lol:

EXACTLY!

Or if you wanna understand anatomy lessons better.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

umm, I was thinking I just needed some.. ahem... research :P

No,it's not that.Here,have a read about what happened to me :

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/163741-heres-a-little-funny-story/

Yeah...my friend hired hookers to write his fucking homework.

Pro's of telling her now - She has time to think about it. 

Con's - It might be a bit early

Pro's of telling her later - She might feel ready for a new relationship

Con's - She could've found another bf.

I haven't seen a thread like this in a while.

Another Con of not telling her is I have to deal with this situation in my head all summer :P

But a con of telling her is even is she does like me back, we can't start anything serious for like 2 months, which would suck just as much