Do you mod your car?

Sousuke

I've found that my love for modifying and building computes kinda went hand in hand with cars.

Now I know that you'd be saying "This is a computer forum not a car one" But I'd like to know just how many people are in the same boat as me?

So here is my car (Shes called Maru due to the mad as hell cat off YouTube as I usually park in boxes rather quickly :lol:):

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Here are the modifications:

Performance & Handling

• K&N Air Filter
  • FK 60/40 Lowering Springs
  • Long Life Stainless Steal flexi back system with dual exit.

Exterior:

• Colour coded front Irmscher Grill
  • Tinted rear lights and windows
  • 18 Inch Penta Alloys in Gloss Black
  • Colour coded eyebrows
  • 6000k full and dipped beam HIDs

Interior:

• Blue SMD LED Bulbs replacing the dash's boring orange ones.
  • LED Lights

So do you also have the Car modifying bug too? If so show off your motor!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

i bought used wheels for my car. that's a mod right?

i can't afford anything i'm a student and my car is not worth investing into.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well, first off, a car is a terrible investment. Once I buy a house, then I'll buy a car and mod it surely. Yes, I'd be interested in modding it although it is REALLY expensive, isn't it?

i bought used wheels for my car. that's a mod right?

i can't afford anything i'm a student and my car is not worth investing into.

Technically thats a modification so ... Yes :)

Well, first off, a car is a terrible investment. Once I buy a house, then I'll buy a car and mod it surely. Yes, I'd be interested in modding it although it is REALLY expensive, isn't it?

Problem with modifying cars is you will never get the money back, it is 100% a money pit however in my opinion its worth every penny as the exhaust (Which cost £550) had made the car sound awesome and allows for better airflow out of the engine and the filter too making airflow into the engine gives the car an extra 9.7BHP which annoyingly means the car makes 149.7BHP (Standard the 1.8L VVT Petrol Engine (GM Z18XER engine code).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

We'll have to see, the time of car is coming. 

No offense to you, the mods look well executed and tasteful, but damn is it ugly(to my eyes).

btw, is it an Opel Astra?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

We'll have to see, the time of car is coming. 

No offense to you, the mods look well executed and tasteful, but damn is it ugly.

btw, is it an Opel Astra?

Yes its a Vauxhall in the UK, Well different eyes see different things so I don't ever take offence :)

Instead of doing all that I'd just have bought the VXR used.

To be honest though the car doesn't look that bad, the only thing I dislike is the eyebrows.

The only cars I've modded were my scooby (engine parts/exhaust), and a couple of E36s (just the suspension, nothing else)

I currently drive an Accord though, so that's not getting mods it's purely for driving around in for the moment so I can sell it.

Instead of doing all that I'd just have bought the VXR used.

To be honest though the car doesn't look that bad, the only thing I dislike is the eyebrows.

The only cars I've modded were my scooby, and a couple of E36s (just the suspension, nothing else). (I love those cars, an E36 with a 2.8 is really nice to drive on a budget)

Its a pain with money though, bought the car at a really good price, I am looking for a VXR In my next car (Either a Young MK5 or a new MK6)

Its a pain with money though, bought the car at a really good price, I am looking for a VXR In my next car (Either a Young MK5 or a new MK6)

Personally I think the Mk5 looks better. :)

the coolest car in that class though?

sacarfan-renault-megane-r26r-01.jpg

If I wanted a speedy FWD car though It'd probably end up being a DC2 or 5.

Personally I think the Mk5 looks better. :)

the coolest car in that class though?

sacarfan-renault-megane-r26r-01.jpg

Oh yes must agree that is one good looking car however, Had a few mates who had one and was riddled with rust issues and electrical faults which has made me shy away from this car :( Its a shame, the french know how to design a car however building one ... they've yet to master that.

yep: winch, bullbar, spotties, dual batteries, rear anderson plug and overhead console for UHF radio and 31" tyres.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh yes must agree that is one good looking car however, Had a few mates who had one and was riddled with rust issues and electrical faults which has made me shy away from this car :( Its a shame, the french know how to design a car however building one ... they've yet to master that.

Oh wow, I don't have any ownership experience to go on, I thought French cars had improved of late (especially Renault) but perhaps not (or that car is highly strung and testing them)

Have you considered Integras?

yep: winch, bullbar, spotties, dual batteries, rear anderson plug and overhead console for UHF radio and 31" tyres.

Bloody hell chuck up some pics :lol: 31inch Tires ... about the hight of my entire car :lol:

computer people and car people seem to be the same.

for example jhon carmack is an epic programer and he did car moding

Bloody hell chuck up some pics :lol: 31inch Tires ... about the hight of my entire car :lol:

best pic I have at the moment:

shopping.jpg

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh wow, I don't have any ownership experience to go on, I thought French cars had improved of late (especially Renault) but perhaps not (or that car is highly strung and testing them)

Have you considered Integras?

Yes I have, little modding is needed to be done to those to make them look good, if any at all. Main issue their getting old and rare.

It's times like this where I wish I could do stuff like that to my trucklet, but why does a 2 wheel drive truck need a winch, or a bullbar?

I have used mine a lot more for clearing trees after storm damage and moving stuff around the yard than I have for recovery in the bush.   They can be very handy tools. I even used mine to skull drag an 8M portable office 5 metres across a  yard so it could be picked up for transport.

Mightycarmods all the way also. Isn't building computers also a money pit also if you wait to modify your car it might be too late

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

renault cars dont rust unless you dent them. they are also pretty much all plastic and aluminium so there isn't anything to rust wtf. my 11 year old renault laguna has no rust anywhere even if it's all scratched up.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

best pic I have at the moment:

shopping.jpg

keeping the food cold..

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I haven't been able to mod my car that much yet. 

Mostly because i had another project until recently that was scrapped because of some people i used to call friends

2013-10-21184456_zps6b6199b5.jpg

When that was scrapped i grabbed the stock wing, Schrick camshaft, the lorinzer rims and the tires, and some other spares

190espeedsterconcepts-Copy-Copy-Copy-Cop

Right now i drive basically the same car. My 190E 2,3 8v Sportline 91

20140402_153800_zpsc0c81dcf.jpg

Only mods.
Shrick camshaft.
Momo Wood steering wheel and adapter hub.
T2eC16RHJH8FHQwSFnPBSpLtw4D60_35_zps2e1d

Lorinzer 205mm wide rims with some old tires
Cosworth brakes both front and rear

Can't do much about the interior because in my mind it's perfect

sportlineint_zpsd2347d48.jpg

... If some douchecanoe hadn't come in and bid higher than me on a porsce 944 turbo i'd be able to post that today :/
Now im depressed again..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yes I have, little modding is needed to be done to those to make them look good, if any at all. Main issue their getting old and rare.

Yeah they aren't so common, but I've driven quite a few DC2s and I've been out in a DC5 as a passenger, I think it's the best handling FWD car I've experienced (barring old/tiny stuff like minis and CRX) and they are quite quick too.

You can still find both in good shape if you look around, a DC5 TypeR is a prize IMO.

IMHO for small cars the real rare weapon in the UK is still the Pulsar GTI-R, tiny, light, 4WD, bombproof turbo SR20DET engine from the silvias. My friend has one that has been stripped out/custom 2.3ltr engine runs around 400bhp on a good day, he races it a Castle Combe.

9adc1a35421cc8f03aa5ecdcbea9a8c1.png

63ab2133cac27a51462e01d7cbc27055.png

e4ea15a48bd32057798c69f5f1658801.png

See that his exhaust exit is just in front of the front wheel :D

Yes. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series