Everything at Ultra (including textures) on a GTX 690 (sli disabled so basically a 680 2GB card, that's right....2gb with ULTRA textures) 1920x1080 res with TXAA 2 capped at 30fps using NVCP...

Now it does dip below 30 using Ultra textures but I can say for sure right now that if they manage to fix SLI on this game the 690 would handle this game with 30+ fps using Ultra textures for sure using these tweaks.

What this MOD/patch proves is that this game does NOT need 2gb+ VRAM for ultra textures and I hope UBI are rectifying that with an official patch.

The stuttering is gone for me, especially when using high textures, its non existent now (with SLI disabled)."

To hell with Ubisoft.

Don't conclude so fast. I've only seen slow, on foot, footage from these mods. When you are barreling through the city at full speed in a car, you are eating through the textures at a very high speed. Let us see how the min. fps reacts to such actions. None of these videos seems to demo that.

The two vids you linked does look really nice. However the dof does look too extreme (like it's made to shorten drawdistance or something). The second video has huge shadow(?) artifacts on Aidens coat.

Would be nice if we could get an official "proper ultra"/E3 2012 setting.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Does the mod modify any files, etc? Coz I"m not sure if I would want to have it, unless its perfectly....okay. You know what I mean. 

Apparently the stuttering can be fixed, the graphics look like E3, they drew textures twice to sabotage the PC version as far as VRAM requirements.  People with 2GB cards can now run ultra without stuttering. People with 780's are chewing through the new effects. Seriously Ubisoft? You hate PC gaming this much? So glad I cancelled my preorder when I saw the VRAM requirements. This shady company is never getting a dime from me ever again. Can't wait to hear their BS statement, IF they even issue a statement. I highly doubt this crap is going to be on say "IGN", where they have clowns claiming PS4 has the best version.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838538&page=14

xl5jZJS.jpg

Post from neogaf. "Here are a few videos with the new settings..

Everything at Ultra (including textures) on a GTX 690 (sli disabled so basically a 680 2GB card, that's right....2gb with ULTRA textures) 1920x1080 res with TXAA 2 capped at 30fps using NVCP...

Now it does dip below 30 using Ultra textures but I can say for sure right now that if they manage to fix SLI on this game the 690 would handle this game with 30+ fps using Ultra textures for sure using these tweaks.

What this MOD/patch proves is that this game does NOT need 2gb+ VRAM for ultra textures and I hope UBI are rectifying that with an official patch.

The stuttering is gone for me, especially when using high textures, its non existent now (with SLI disabled)."

To hell with Ubisoft.

This should probably be its own post. It is different than this one.

Wow.Is that really it?Just messing around with the settings?

Woah Ubisoft.You're very cheap.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Tempted to get this now! Although I'd rather not give Ubi my money after this stunt they just pulled...

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

This should probably be its own post. It is different than this one.

I think it still fits. It's basically the same thing. Mod that enables effects that Ubisoft has disabled from the release version.

I think it still fits. It's basically the same thing. Mod that enables effects that Ubisoft has disabled from the release version.

He is saying that they sabotaged the game to run terribly on purpose by doubling VRAM usage. While the OP is about how some graphics options were removed. He does have a source but they seem a little different to me. He also did a lot of work on that post, he even included a source.

My 760 will burn :( . Poor people united !!

Lol what about my 465...

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

This is just said in my opinion. Why would a company do this? I feel like they were payed off to do this, so the consoles did not look week compared to a PC

now if only they could make the gameplay less stupid....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Apparently, the performance of the game is even better than before with the increased graphics.

Apparently, no source confirmed, but a bit of code was stuck in to make it slow on purpose.

This is just said in my opinion. Why would a company do this? I feel like they were payed off to do this, so the consoles did not look week compared to a PC

Gotta sell the next gen consoles some how.

Though it was inevitable modders would get to the code and fix it.

This is just beyond my imagination. Ubisoft did this.

If you have seen the demo of Watch Dogs from E3 2012 and 2013, you know that the retail version of the game does NOT look like the demo at all. (aka Ubisoft style). If not, here's the link about the video: 

But that's old news. Here's the big news:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838538

On the forum of Neogaf, the author of this threat found the ORIGINAL graphical effects in the game files of the PC version of Watch_Dogs.

The files that were unpacked contained these different things: Bokeh DOF, light effects, Bloom, headlight shadows, etc...

The comments shown on this thread indicate that this is because of ONE reason. To minimize the gap between PS4 and PC. Is this Ubisoft's doing... or is it Sony's doing? Might be a big question. Since the game has been promoted so much, PS4's Watch Dogs would not gain much anticipation if the PC version was as just as they saw in the E3 demo. 

Well..., this is just my reasoning. I'm not entirely sure about this all. What do you guys think about this?

Attachment picture: http://abload.de/img/watch_dogs_2014_06_1425uii.png

Is there any way to enable them or would unofficial patches be released by other guys? How will my GTX 780 Ti (GIGABYTE GHZ EDITION) perform against the game at 1440p if I keep everything at Very High or Ultra? Thank You

Probably a dumb question but is there a way to enable these better settings?

BTW I just made this account so I'm a little new here

*Edit* after posting this, the thread refreshed and I saw someone beat me to this question.

so how do i install it

i downloaded the files uploaded by "the worse" - the user on guru3d

where do i paste the files?

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

Apparently, no source confirmed, but a bit of code was stuck in to make it slow on purpose.

No. I do not understand that. They were deceiving customers. 

LOL at PC gamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/16/watch-dogs-mod-aims-to-recreate-e3-2012-visual-effects-improve-performance/

http://a.pomf.se/kdobfr.webm

PCGPhil Mod • an hour ago
"In response to various comments (and Tweets), it's time for Fun Facts About PC Gaming:

If a file tweaks a single value – even just enabling, as the article states, what the engine already supports – then it is a mod. This is what huge swathes of PC gaming used to be: I used to mess with C&C modding a lot, and those mods that were just .ini files containing rule changes were just as valid as those that added new assets and effects.

We've asked Ubi why we need a mod to enable settings that their game already supports. But that we do doesn't stop this mod from being a mod."

Sure thing "PC Gamer". All these "game journalism" sites are saying the same. What a crock. Ubisoft sabotaged the PC version, crippled performance, artificially raised VRAM requirements and this is a "mod" reversing that BS. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

No. I do not understand that. They were deceiving customers. 

This. They deceived the crap out of pre-order people. 

I've decided never to buy another Ubisoft game. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

In quarter 13/14 Ubisoft made the most money on the PC platform as well.

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/18ubisoft%20fy14%20earnings%20english%20finaltcm99143202.pdf

24 percent PC

22 percent Xbox One

20 percent PS3

13 percent PS4

7 percent Xbox one

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Can I use this mod with the specs I have, and also can I apply this mod to an orignal version of the game?
Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5 4440 (3.1GHz)
RAM: G.Skill 8GB (1600MHz)

GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance... :)

Which bit of code. 

Way to go Ubisoft....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Been playing with the mod for ~2 hours.  I can't say the results are as explosive as the Internet has made it seem, but I've noticed some improvement (mainly less driving stutters, minor lighting).  Sure beats what Ubisoft has provided so far!  I'm only running it on High with MSAA x4 though.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

So I just stumbled upon this on guru3d, a member named TheWorse made massive discoveries in the game files. He found the original graphics, has unpacked some of them and created a mod. For now he has managed to implement dynamic shadows from headlights, the increased rain density, increased NPC density, as well as 2012 e3 bloom and lens flare. When he manages to unpack certain files, he will be able to activate everything, such as POMs, etc. Here is a list with what he has so far:

Screenshots:

14428220152_5dae42663c_h.jpg

4Ye0005.jpg?1

Source:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-dogs-mod-adds-dynamic-shadows-from-headlights-bloom-and-other-improvements/1100-6420498/

Now all we need is a comparison with no mods to see the difference

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS