Is my CPU bottle-necking PLZ HALP! :)

Lately a guy showed his gpu loads with 2x 290x with a 8350 in bf4: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/175630-whyhow-is-the-fx-8350-a-bottleneck/page-2#entry2347491

Noticing how hard he was held back by the cpu, an i7 upgrade would have done wonders. It's like up to 50% faster

Also if he's going to spend 180$ on a board, he might as well just sell his cpu & board and get a 4770K and cheapest z97 sli board

So i should sell my CPU/MOBO on ebay or something and use the $250 CAD to put towards the i7? I have another 100 saved up and ask the last from my parents? I have a concern about window however, I have heard that windows checks if it is your computer by seeing your MOBO/CPU. Will it cause any problems is my main concern as I really don't want to have to buy windows again >:(

So i should sell my CPU/MOBO on ebay or something and use the $250 CAD to put towards the i7? I have another 100 saved up and ask the last from my parents? I have a concern about window however, I have heard that windows checks if it is your computer by seeing your MOBO/CPU. Will it cause any problems is my main concern as I really don't want to have to buy windows again > :(

If you're planning to get a 2nd 290 you should get an i7 to take fully advantage of 290's in CF. Also you can reuse your license, just install windows etc, put your activation code in it will say its already used then select the phone call activation thing. It's a bot, not a real person, you just have to put some numbers in and will give you a few numbers back and its re-activated.

It's by mobo only. You even have to do it if you switch your current board with the sabertooth 990fx

Look at these points of interests first.

CPU cooler

hard drive spec / transfer speeds

GPU drivers

I think the CPU is totally fine

got to love Asus components

Look at these points of interests first.

CPU cooler

hard drive spec / transfer speeds

GPU drivers

I think the CPU is totally fine

I have a stock CPU cooler, It came with the CPU.

My GPU drivers are the 14.4 however, I have heard the 14.7 drivers are out

How would you go about checking HDD speeds etc. on Win8.1?

If you're planning to get a 2nd 290 you should get an i7 to take fully advantage of 290's in CF. Also you can reuse your license, just install windows etc, put your activation code in it will say its already used then select the phone call activation thing. It's a bot, not a real person, you just have to put some numbers in and will give you a few numbers back and its re-activated.

It's by mobo only. You even have to do it if you switch your current board with the sabertooth 990fx

It is 2nd 290 or i7 upgrade. I am not willing to buy a second card until i get the i7/Sabertooth mobo

It is 2nd 290 or i7 upgrade. I am not willing to buy a second card until i get the i7/Sabertooth mobo 

Gets very tricky. You won't saturate enough of a crossfire setup with a 8320 to justify the 2nd cards cost. If you're getting an i7, well a 8320 should be pushing the gpu to 99% even if it doesnt it should be close to that so an i7 upgrade wouldn't be worth it either. Not sure why you would want a 2nd 290, just use lower settings to maintain 120 fps instead of sitting there with a bunch of noise & heat. 

I can't follow for a sec on the mobo part, have you tried running prime95 and a monitoring tool to log the clock speed to check if it throttles?

Gets very tricky. You won't saturate enough of a crossfire setup with a 8320 to justify the 2nd cards cost. If you're getting an i7, well a 8320 should be pushing the gpu to 99% even if it doesnt it should be close to that so an i7 upgrade wouldn't be worth it either. Not sure why you would want a 2nd 290, just use lower settings to maintain 120 fps instead of sitting there with a bunch of noise & heat. 

I can't follow for a sec on the mobo part, have you tried running prime95 and a monitoring tool to log the clock speed to check if it throttles?

Even on complete low it barely gets 60 fps on some maps.... what is a decent program to monitor clock speed?

I have NO idea wtf is wrong with my card. I am really upset in terms of the performance with this card as it is no where near the performance I've seen on all the benchmarks I have watched. If my CPU isn't bottlenecking, and my card is not defect it must mean that my MOBO is throttling >:(

99% load on GPU's seems to be an NVIDIA thing, first thing I've noticed on mine.

AMD-100%
howerver it is fetched. if its at 99% it's probably normal.
not at OP

I have put up my video w/ the GPU load and the individual CPU core loads ------>

At what time is there information on cpu/gpu load?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

At what time is there information on cpu/gpu load?

Did you even watch the video? or did you look at the thumbnail -_-

seriously, u r planning to spend 400-500$ on i7-z97 for 10-15 more fps??

You are too helpful sir, really.

Did you even watch the video? or did you look at the thumbnail -_-

Both. I didnt watch the entire video,  hovered time line and I wont bothe runless u tell me when the damn thing appears

Which is fine as the other 5 Billion humans

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Both. I didnt watch the entire video,  hovered time line and I wont bothe runless u tell me when the damn thing appears

Which is fine as the other 5 Billion humans

Admittably it is a small display, in the top left corner displaying, GPU load, Temp and 4/8 core's loads. Apologies for the crappy quality, my SVP12 goof'd

You are too helpful sir, really

this is not a bottleneck,6300 plays bf4 better 

this is something different fault

Admittably it is a small display, in the top left corner displaying, GPU load, Temp and 4/8 core's loads. Apologies for the crappy quality, my SVP12 goof'd

The title overlay would hide it. There we go.

ElementOfDaze

Check windows task manager, other processes can intervene with the optimisation parallel processing and cna cause bottlenecks before it reaches 100% me thinks.

You might also want to drop effects to medium.

Make sure there is no Vram bottleneck.

I watched your video and it looks awful. There is something definitely wrong there but I don't think it is the CPU. You only have 3 of 8 cores showing usage in the top left screen so I can't tell if all 8 cores are running. If you watch your video you will see the GPU usage is around 14%-30% while those 3 cores you have displayed are at 80% give or take 5.  Now, some people would jump to the conclusion that the CPU is the problem with those numbers but it might not be. With how low your card is working I'm wondering if you have a bad GPU.

Here is what I have on my Rig using the same CPU:

MOBO: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0

CPU: FX8320 @ 4.0 Ghz w/Corasair H60 Hydro series

RAM:16GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM

GPU: 2 x Gigabyte GTX770 4GB Windforce OC  (SLI)

HDD: Seagate 500GB

SSD: Samsung EVO 256GB

PSU: Corsair CX750W 

Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit

I think the processor can handle that card you have with no problems If it can the 2 GTX770's on my rig and I have a friend who has 780's in SLI with the FX8320. Before you go blow a ton of cash on upgrades there are a couple of things you should find out.
1. a.) Download GPU-Z This will tell you everything about the card and your system. Is the PCIe x 16 slot where your card is plugged in and does the motherboard recognizes it?
    b.) Download MSI Afterburner. You can monitor just about everything with this program. What power, frequency and usage are you getting on that card? 
2. That mobo is not the greatest. It wont handle any kind of overclock on that CPU. You need a MOBO with a 990FX chipset. These boards have stronger North and South bridges that improve communications between the CPU, RAM and GPU.
3. What is the speed of your RAM?. For that GPU I think you need at least 1600Mhz to handle the 516bit transfer rate of your card. 
4. What version of Windows do you have? 32bit or 64bit? 32 bit will only utilize 4GB of RAM.

My suggestion is to do as much research as possible before you go and give up on that 8320. I love mine and it has proven to be a real monster for my rig. All I can do is suggest that you record your power and usage of both CPU and GPU. Then contact AMD and ask them if your readings are right for your set up or if something is wrong. The manufacturer will be the only place you can go to get a real answer. None of us really know. As much as we like to think we do most of us are just talking out of our bums.

Playing while recording will lower the framerate, not really sure what your complaint is...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

• 2 weeks later...

I watched your video and it looks awful. There is something definitely wrong there but I don't think it is the CPU. You only have 3 of 8 cores showing usage in the top left screen so I can't tell if all 8 cores are running. If you watch your video you will see the GPU usage is around 14%-30% while those 3 cores you have displayed are at 80% give or take 5.  Now, some people would jump to the conclusion that the CPU is the problem with those numbers but it might not be. With how low your card is working I'm wondering if you have a bad GPU.

Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit

I think the processor can handle that card you have with no problems If it can the 2 GTX770's on my rig and I have a friend who has 780's in SLI with the FX8320. Before you go blow a ton of cash on upgrades there are a couple of things you should find out.
1. a.) Download GPU-Z This will tell you everything about the card and your system. Is the PCIe x 16 slot where your card is plugged in and does the motherboard recognizes it?
    b.) Download MSI Afterburner. You can monitor just about everything with this program. What power, frequency and usage are you getting on that card? 
2. That mobo is not the greatest. It wont handle any kind of overclock on that CPU. You need a MOBO with a 990FX chipset. These boards have stronger North and South bridges that improve communications between the CPU, RAM and GPU.
3. What is the speed of your RAM?. For that GPU I think you need at least 1600Mhz to handle the 516bit transfer rate of your card. 
4. What version of Windows do you have? 32bit or 64bit? 32 bit will only utilize 4GB of RAM.

My suggestion is to do as much research as possible before you go and give up on that 8320. I love mine and it has proven to be a real monster for my rig. All I can do is suggest that you record your power and usage of both CPU and GPU. Then contact AMD and ask them if your readings are right for your set up or if something is wrong. The manufacturer will be the only place you can go to get a real answer. None of us really know. As much as we like to think we do most of us are just talking out of our bums.

Thank you BaudNerd! I will definitely take this into heavy consideration, I have already gone from my CPU is bottlenecking to my crap mobo and possibly upgrading that.

Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit

Unfortunately I have had this card for just over 2 months and i doubt i could send it back :( I have 1334MHz ram. So AM3+ is worse than 990FX? I thought that only AM3+ works w/ 8320