What to play? - Best Game Series

I just finished Assassins Creed IV and am looking for another game/series to play through. After talking with some friends I realise I may not have played some of the best games of all time.

I know there is a lot of nostalgia surrounding some of your favourite games that you haven't played in a long time, try to push that aside.

The games I'm considering are in the poll.

What should I play?

mass effect without any doubt but you should also play Bioshock 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Bioshock for gameplay.

Mass Effect for story line. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Half Life

Dead Space

is the order I like those game series in.

I've played them all except for Half-Life.

Mass Effect is a great story, and offers many hours of entertainment. It may be difficult to get into this series if your not a fan of the type of game.

Dead Space: Also a great story, but the game itself is fairly short.

Bioshock: Great game play and interesting story line. Infinite was probably my favorite.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

The Witcher games are great as well. Try the Dragon Age games too. There's also the Darksiders games which is on hold since THQ died and Vigil Games had to be disbanded. Try to play through them all if you can; I just voted Bioshock just because.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I would go with Mass Effect series. Sci-fi, roleplaying, 3rd person shooter, strategy, cinematic orgasm.

Bioshock. I couldn't run it well on my PC at the time, when I finally could, I wasn't into the art style of the game. Simple FPS with a decent enough story. Tried the second game, solidified my opinion that I don't likey!

Witcher is really good.

Check out some youtube vids of the walkthrough #1 video's. See if anything appeals to you.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Mass Effect is great for the first two games, can't say much about the third.

Bioshock is an amazing series. The first two feel more like a RPG/FPS than the third.

Half Life is a definite play for story and game mechanics. I'm surprised you haven't played this yet. I would recommend to play all Half Life games, this includes the two other perspective stories of Half Life(Blue Shift/Opposing Force). This might be perfect because you will be ready for the weight of Half life 3!

Dead Space is in its own world. Really fun gun play, but it kind of went the way of Mass Effect, and by that I mean we don't talk about the third installment.

The Witcher doesn't really look like my sort of thing, so I'll give that a miss for now at least.

Bioshock or Mass Effect seem to be the best bet at the moment, although I will definitely play Half Life.

Half Life is a definite play for story and game mechanics. I'm surprised you haven't played this yet. I would recommend to play all Half Life games, this includes the two other perspective stories of Half Life(Blue Shift/Opposing Force). This might be perfect because you will be ready for the weight of Half life 3!

I didn't have a PC powerful to run anything more than Minesweeper until a couple of years ago, so I kinda missed the boat when they came out.

Need. To. Play. Half. Life.

Best series there. Me1,2 are good, 3's shit and I wasn't really a fan of the bios hock series. Dead space is sorta shit. Also checkout the witcher series ;)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I didn't have a PC powerful to run anything more than Minesweeper until a couple of years ago, so I kinda missed the boat when they came out.

Fair enough, it's definitely a must play series, but nothing urgent. I'd recommend waiting until the summer sale as they should have the half life complete back for like 75% off($10 I think?) and last winter sale and a recent GMG sale had the Valve Complete Pack for like $30. So just wait (: It's really just right around the corner(unless it doesn't start the 19th....)