Just wanted to introduce myself

Bansh33

I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been watching linus' videos religiously for about two years now. Anyways I'm 22 and in the US Coast Guard and I've kindled a flame for building PCs after being a petty electronics guru for years(phones and mp3 players mostly) I've owned every phone os that has ever been on the market and decided to broaden my Horizons and move onto the pc field. I am an AMD fanboy but I will not badger others about it. Everyone has there companies they stick by and ones they don't. For the most part I feel I am very knowledgeable about PCs and I hope I can offer help to those in need. Oh also I like long walks on the beach.... Lol Jk

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Thanks for the link and heads up!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Thanks for the link and heads up!

"I have read and accept the Terms of Conditions" right..?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

"I have read and accept the Terms of Conditions" right..?

Yup took awhile tho

I am an AMD fanboy but I will not badger others about it. Everyone has there companies they stick by and ones they don't. For the most part I feel I am very knowledgeable about PCs and I hope I can offer help to those in need. Oh also I like long walks on the beach.... Lol Jk

"will not badger others about it"

said no fanboy ever

Nice to hear that's the way you roll; I know that's not the way a lot of other fanboys do around here.

"will not badger others about it"

said no fanboy ever

Nice to hear that's the way you roll; I know that's not the way a lot of other fanboys do around here.

What I meant was is that I will defend the company I prefer NOT come out and attack others by saying AMD will take over the word and if you don't do so you'll become our slaves.

That have me a good laugh. I myself think a MacBook Air with a current gen a10 and a fresh copy on windows 8.1 would be the most legit laptop in the world. I prefer AMD on mobile because APUs are awesome, however on all of my desktop builds I will run intel CPUs and my current desktop has had a 660ti, 760, 5850, X1950, two 7770s in CFX, a GTS8800, a GTX8800, and I finally settled on a GTX 480 as a main card and a 760 to run my other monitors.

Welcome to our clan, look forward to seeing you around :D

I currently run an apu in my rig. It's in my pro. Love it but each their own but I despise Apple with a passion only due to the proprietaryness* to their software and hardware. I loved them back in the day before they got power hungry. And with their new acquisition of beats it just proves my point even further and will cause them to be more communistic than ever. And let's not kid ourselves about Intel yes their cpus and all other hardware are far ahead of amd in performance but I believe that ad's R&D department is the most innovative group in the market. Again that is just my opinion. Apus are still way early in the development phase but as soon as they get it to a science and find that perfect equilibrium between cpu and gpu and make hsa a reliable and viable answer to the communication line between them both Apus will be the future in computing.

I currently run an apu in my rig. It's in my pro. Love it but each their own but I despise Apple with a passion only due to the proprietaryness* to their software and hardware. I loved them back in the day before they got power hungry. And with their new acquisition of beats it just proves my point even further and will cause them to be more communistic than ever. And let's not kid ourselves about Intel yes their cpus and all other hardware are far ahead of amd in performance but I believe that ad's R&D department is the most innovative group in the market. Again that is just my opinion. Apus are still way early in the development phase but as soon as they get it to a science and find that perfect equilibrium between cpu and gpu and make hsa a reliable and viable answer to the communication line between them both Apus will be the future in computing.

I know exactly that feel. It is, unfortunately, the fate of almost every start-up company as they expand into different markets.

I consider myself to favor Intel because I believe IPC is more important than cores in a world where the mainstream-enthusiast (barring extreme) markets have not seen a true high-end octacore CPU. For everyone who is bound to complain that FX-8350 is a native 8-core processor; it's not. However, I'm surprised that AMD hasn't taken the mobile market by storm yet; even their Richland A10-M parts completely trash any iGPU and low-end discrete laptop card on the market. And that's even before mentioning Kaveri. Probably somthing to do with Intel's shady business tactics again...

I would absolutely love a 7850K over anything else, but for mini-ITX the costs add up and it's far from viable anymore.

Hi, welcome, hope you stay a while like I ended up doing, this is a great community.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Hi mom.

Wot

Anyways, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I know exactly that feel. It is, unfortunately, the fate of almost every start-up company as they expand into different markets.

I consider myself to favor Intel because I believe IPC is more important than cores in a world where the mainstream-enthusiast (barring extreme) markets have not seen a true high-end octacore CPU. For everyone who is bound to complain that FX-8350 is a native 8-core processor; it's not. However, I'm surprised that AMD hasn't taken the mobile market by storm yet; even their Richland A10-M parts completely trash any iGPU and low-end discrete laptop card on the market. And that's even before mentioning Kaveri. Probably somthing to do with Intel's shady business tactics again...

I would absolutely love a 7850K over anything else, but for mini-ITX the costs add up and it's far from viable anymore.

Didn't amd say that they were trying to stay away from mobile? What a shame

Welcome!

Thanks for the good hospitality all!!

Didn't amd say that they were trying to stay away from mobile? What a shame

What I meant by mobile was AMD's up-and-coming Kaveri lineup http://anandtech.com/show/8119/amd-launches-mobile-kaveri-apus

But AMD also has serious intentions of going up against Qualcomm in the its own market as well with Beema http://www.anandtech.com/show/7514/amd-2014-mobile-apu-update-beema-and-mullins

When AMD sold their Imageon line to Qualcomm to become Adreno, a lot of people thought that AMD would never go back into the phones & tablets market again...looks like the peeps over at AMD are regretting the sale of Imageon.

What I meant by mobile was AMD's up-and-coming Kaveri lineup http://anandtech.com/show/8119/amd-launches-mobile-kaveri-apus

But AMD also has serious intentions of going up against Qualcomm in the its own market as well with Beema http://www.anandtech.com/show/7514/amd-2014-mobile-apu-update-beema-and-mullins

When AMD sold their Imageon line to Qualcomm to become Adreno, a lot of people thought that AMD would never go back into the phones & tablets market again...looks like the peeps over at AMD are regretting the sale of Imageon.

Good to know!