Worth the wait ?

Nyxathid

So heres my question im rocking a GTX 550ti since it release . Im going to build a new system anytime soon and i was thinking putting a GTX 780 but i also was thing of keeping my GPU and then buying the new GTX 880 

i just want something to max out games :P at 1080p

System Spec (old pc)

Pentium E5200 

GTX 550ti

VX550W 

6 MB DDR2 

5 Euros Mobo (i dont even know the brand)

500gb 5200RPM 

The GTX 780 is a beast and it will cut through 1080P like a hot knife through butter.

The GTX 550 Ti is a poopy card, it's a good coaster but nothing more.

If you can bare the suckyness of the 550 Ti, i would wait, untill the rumors about the GTX 880 get a bit clearer. If it's 28 nm or 20 nm design, when it will approximatley release. But waiting for the actual release can take probably take until Q2 2015

who cares...

So heres my question im rocking a GTX 550ti since it release . Im going to build a new system anytime soon and i was thinking putting a GTX 780 but i also was thing of keeping my GPU and then buying the new GTX 880 

i just want something to max out games :P at 1080p

System Spec (old pc)

Pentium E5200 

GTX 550ti

VX550W 

6 MB DDR2 6GB DDR2

5 Euros Mobo (i dont even know the brand)

500gb 5200RPM 

Are you trolling us with those system specs? Seriously? 

If you're just gaming at 1080p, then you don't need a GTX 780, or the up-coming GTX 880. An R9 290 will do you nicely (something from sapphire or Powercolor PCS+)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Are you trolling us with those system specs? Seriously? 

If you're just gaming at 1080p, then you don't need a GTX 780, or the up-coming GTX 880. An R9 290 will do you nicely (something from sapphire or Powercolor

Nop im not trolling nobody :o 

But just a question does 144hz change the fact i need more horsepower ? (sorry , new to the whole PC master race :P Console gamer since the ps3 ) 

You need a whole new system to power that 780 properly by the looks of it.

Yes im going to build a new system :D 

yea a 780 would recuire a new machine..sorry bud!

get a nice&cheap moibo

an amd cpu 6300-8320 or something

get 8gb of ram

get a nice PSU you can keep your hdd

id go with a 770 or something,780 is really overkill for 1080p gaming!

i have a 770 and i max out every game on 80fps+ so why would i need more power?

The 780 and 880 won't make a difference for you, the E5200 won't be able to keep up with it. if you really want the 880 that's fine, but if you want to be able to put it to the max, please upgrade the rest asap... Get something like an i5 cpu, z97 mobo and 8gb ram.

And it's maybe a good idea to upgrade the PSU after that, you don't really need to change it, but it's getting old and with a new gpu and new cpu, the psu probably won't survive a couple of years...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The 780 and 880 won't make a difference for you, the E5200 won't be able to keep up with it. if you really want the 880 that's fine, but if you want to be able to put it to the max, please upgrade the rest asap... Get something like an i5 cpu, z97 mobo and 8gb ram.

yea a 780 would recuire a new machine..sorry bud!

get a nice&cheap moibo

an amd cpu 6300-8320 or something

get 8gb of ram

get a nice PSU you can keep your hdd

id go with a 770 or something,780 is really overkill for 1080p gaming!

i have a 770 and i max out every game on 80fps+ so why would i need more power?

Yes im going to build a new System 

I5-4670k 

Maximus Hero z97

GTX 770 or 780 

Some cheap 16 gb ram 

RM650W 

Corsair 750d

Same HDD

Samsung EVO 120GB 

Nop im not trolling nobody :o

But just a question does 144hz change the fact i need more horsepower ? (sorry , new to the whole PC master race :P Console gamer since the ps3 ) 

Yes, it does, but an R9 290 will be maxing out the majority of recent titles at ~90fps. If you want to get 120Hz or 144Hz on every game, your best bet would be getting two R9 290's. Honestly though, unless you game professionally, a 60Hz IPS monitor will do you fine. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Yes im going to build a new System 

I5-4670k 

Maximus Hero z97

GTX 770 or 780 

Some cheap 16 gb ram 

RM650W 

Corsair 750d

Same HDD

Samsung EVO 120GB 

I'd change the case for something smaller, it'll look really empty inside there with those specs. 

The H440 is a tried and true case by NZXT, and the Corsair 450D is another good option.

Yes, it does, but an R9 290 will be maxing out the majority of recent titles at ~90fps. If you want to get 120Hz or 144Hz on every game, your best bet would be getting two R9 290's. Honestly though, unless you game professionally, a 60Hz IPS monitor will do you fine. 

No , I'm not a professional gamer , hell im not even close to it xD hm. What IPS Monitor do you recomend , please dont recomend the Acer one , theres no where to be seen where i live (portugal) 

I'd change the case for something smaller, it'll look really empty inside there with those specs. 

The H440 is a tried and true case by NZXT, and the Corsair 450D is another good option.

Can it hold a Corsair H105 ? both the Corsair 450D and the NZXT ?

Can it hold a Corsair H105 ? both the Corsair 450D and the NZXT ?

Yep, according to PCpartpicker they're both able to support the H105.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/?compatible_with=corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060016ww

I would see if you can buy an EVGA 780 that you can use their step-up program  with. Then  you can get a beastly 780 now and if the 880 comes within a reasonable time frame you can upgrade for almost nothing.If you decide to do this make sure you have the specific model number correct for Step-up as only certain ones apply, see EVGA's website.

No , I'm not a professional gamer , hell im not even close to it xD hm. What IPS Monitor do you recomend , please dont recomend the Acer one , theres no where to be seen where i live (portugal) 

What's your budget? A dell U2414H would make a great monitor, if it's readily available in your country. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B00H3JIGHA

Yep, according to PCpartpicker they're both able to support the H105.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/?compatible_with=corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060016ww

NOT ON THE TOP

Only on the front

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

NOT ON THE TOP

Only on the front

Yeah...he didn't specify, so neither did I? Chill. Jeez....

I would see if you can buy an EVGA 780 that you can use their step-up program  with. Then  you can get a beastly 780 now and if the 880 comes within a reasonable time frame you can upgrade for almost nothing.If you decide to do this make sure you have the specific model number correct for Step-up as only certain ones apply, see EVGA's website.

Can you be a little more specific?

Yeah...he didn't specify, so neither did I? Chill. Jeez....

I know, I wanted to warn you. I had to put my H100i Pushpull on the front of my case because even though the compatibility said it would work, it didnt specify on the top, and most people want it on the top.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

NOT ON THE TOP

Only on the front

On what case ? the NZXT ? or the Corsair one ? 

I know, I wanted to warn you. I had to put my H100i Pushpull on the front of my case because even though the compatibility said it would work, it didnt specify on the top, and most people want it on the top.

Ah, looking at the H440 I'd guess it's the same situation. It looks like it'll fit a H100i in Push or Pull just fine though...honestly for over-clocking you don't need the H105 unless it's a socket 2011 chip. I got 5.1GHz on my 3770K. 

Can you be a little more specific?

If you are worried about the 880 coming soon get http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2782-KR       and then  follow the steps here  http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/      if you want to upgrade within 3 months. That can help you in many ways. Then you can upgrade now and worry about the new series when it comes out. Also even just a 780 would be a MASSIVE jump from a 550ti.

If you are worried about the 880 coming soon get http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-2782-KR       and then  follow the steps here  http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/      if you want to upgrade within 3 months. That can help you in many ways. Then you can upgrade now and worry about the new series when it comes out. Also even just a 780 would be a MASSIVE jump from a 550ti.

Hm.. its only 90 days . I think the GTX 880 will come in Q2 2015 :P but i made my mind , i will buy the GTX 780 :) thanks for all the replys . 

/close 

Then you won't need an IPS monitor either. TN are cheaper and they have become alot better than they used to be.

There are however quite a few IPS fundamentalists in our midst

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.