NEW ZELDA GAME.

Shd0w2

Visit Twitches E3 stream for immediate updates!

I will be updating as we get more info.

its been said its focused on TOTAL open world and being released 2015!

Diamond 5 in League :)

I say the new trailer in the WiiU shop. Not exactly what I thought it would be, but much better the wawker HD

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I dont know how i feel about total open world, im getting the image of a wannabe elder scrolls zelda game which sounds pretty bad imo.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Watched the trailer, and UGH STILL WITH THE CELL SHADING.

Look, I love Nintendo as much as anyone else, but they have got to move on, and start using current technology (DUMP THE WII). I will buy another Nintendo product when the price on SSD's drops to HDD prices, and they suddenly corner the market by bringing back cartridges (which I think would be epic as shit, especially if they had like, special edition ones that glowed, kinda like the color cartridges and shiny ones), till then, I will sadly be without my ocarina, and my hookshot (how I miss that f**king SPROING).

I will say I DO like the idea of open world, good to see them trying new things (perhaps they could try more new things.... like say a console that is larger than my foot, which is actually bigger than both the wii and although I haven't seen one in person, I'm going to guess the wiiu as well., and I mean as long as my foot is tall, my foot isn't that wide, but it is thicker and I'll wager heavier)

It just makes me sad to see my childhood friends, slowly drifting into economic oblivion. (granted it will take longer than time will exist for them to go out of business....probably)

Edit: actually now that I think about it, with digital downloads existing already, SSD cartridges would only be possible, or have a purpose, if they started making games so large and so complex that they would be too big to reasonably download. Just a thought.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Looks gorgeous, will get a Wii U when it comes out for sure.

Watched the trailer, and UGH STILL WITH THE CELL SHADING.

Look, I love Nintendo as much as anyone else, but they have got to move on, and start using current technology (DUMP THE WII). 

Original 3D Zeldas, visuals didn't age well

OcarinaOfTimeBattle.JPG

Original cell shaded Zeldas, visuals did age well (and probably one of the more "mature" Zeldas)

windwaker2.jpg

Zeldas "trying to be hardcore" five years later, has not aged well

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20

Same hardware as before, this time cell shaded, still looks decent

skywardsword-1.jpg

New Zelda, new hardware, more cell shaded.

http://youtu.be/_76o7S2q1Y4

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The Zelda world is a cartoon in appearance. It was never realistic. Always was in the NES/SNES games, has continued to be in the handheld ones.  

That trend has only really had three anomalies - Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. And if you look at OOT and MM, they are actually quite cartoony as well in their character design. As has been pointed out - those games haven't aged well at all.

For me, the art style is exactly what I wanted to see - an HD continuation of the Skyward Sword style. 

While the style used in Wind Waker and the DS titles bore the closest relationship to the original NES and SNES titles, it was perhaps a little too child-like and cartoony. The balance they struck with Skyward Sword was a perfect compromise between it's cartoony roots, and the more realistic proportions used in the N64 titles and Twilight Princess.

OoT was my first video game, and as such will always hold a place in my heart. I disagree that zelda was meant to be cartoon looking though. In my opinion the cell shading isnt "their style" its their way of getting away with building cheap shoddy consoles (imho). I'm just saddened that they do this. They could keep a similar cartoony feel while still making it look good (cell shading will never look good to me, just looks like a cheap ass gimmick) and they'd make money.

I just wish whoever is painting all the doorknobs at nintendo with LSD would knock it off. I always wish nintendo would either just start licensing their games out to other hardware and become a game dev. an nothing more, or wake up and realise they are no longer relevant (they make take up a share of the market, but only because of japan and childrens games). I just feel forgotten by my original favorite manufacturer.

Edit: and speaking of aging well, I think OoT and MM (although I would like to state that I hated MM because reasons) look better than any zelda game since then. This cell shading crap just feels so cheap.

i want the new Zelda and thinks it looks good, i love zelda and open world games, plus, the graphics look impresive, zelda wasnt meant to look realistic, it is a cartoon.also i loved the art style of skyward sword, they look as if theyre improving it on the wii U and the new zelda. 

I loved Skyward Sword just a little disappointed that it was too short.

Glad to see a continuation with skyward sword graphic style.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

OoT was my first video game, and as such will always hold a place in my heart. I disagree that zelda was meant to be cartoon looking though. In my opinion the cell shading isnt "their style" its their way of getting away with building cheap shoddy consoles (imho). I'm just saddened that they do this. They could keep a similar cartoony feel while still making it look good (cell shading will never look good to me, just looks like a cheap ass gimmick) and they'd make money.

I just wish whoever is painting all the doorknobs at nintendo with LSD would knock it off. I always wish nintendo would either just start licensing their games out to other hardware and become a game dev. an nothing more, or wake up and realise they are no longer relevant (they make take up a share of the market, but only because of japan and childrens games). I just feel forgotten by my original favorite manufacturer.

Edit: and speaking of aging well, I think OoT and MM (although I would like to state that I hated MM because reasons) look better than any zelda game since then. This cell shading crap just feels so cheap.

Historically inaccurate. In the NES, SNES and Gameboy games Link was always depicted as a big headed, big eyed cartoon sprite.

As for the idea that using a cartoon style is to do with weaker hardware. This is nonsense.

The Wii was the first console Nintendo made that was underpowered. Wii U the second. Before the Wii Nintendo always had powerful consoles.

The GameCube, which Wind Waker was on, was in fact a much more powerful console than the PS2. Until Xbox came out it was the most powerful console ever. Look at RE4 on that console and tell me that the art style of Wind Waker had anything to do with power limitations. 

I disagree completely.

The Zelda of old, which was excellent there can be no doubt, was not cartoonish by choice imho but cartoonish by nececcity of the hardware, all the games back then looked somewhat cartoonish. I liked the look of OoT the best though. I just think zelda would be better, or at least I would purchase it if they would simply TRY.

That's my issue guys, They gave up trying to be better, and I feel as though at this point they just phone it in by refering to past series as though the title alone would forever make it worth buying, and as a consumer that does not jive for me.

And to be honest If they did it with the OoT graphics, id still be buying it lol.