Jason Rubin Joins Oculus

Rafy

We’re thrilled to announce that Jason Rubin, co-founder of Naughty Dog and games industry veteran, has joined Oculus as head of worldwide studios!

rubin_photo_small.png

Jason is a former game programmer and director, best known for his work on the Crash Bandicoot® and Jak & Daxter™ series at Naughty Dog, a team that helped pioneer high-frame-rate 3D console games in the earliest days of PlayStation®. Jason has shipped over a dozen games across multiple console generations, working with some of the best game developers in the world.

“There have only been a handful of times in my life where I saw something that I knew would change everything. The awe-inspiring tech Oculus is building is a portal into an incredible world that my daughter will one day consider to be normal. The moment I put it on, I wanted to help define that future.

After decades of game innovation on traditional screens, the longtime dream of true presence inside a virtual world is finally here. Virtual reality requires an entirely different approach; from systems and protocols to game design and storytelling, everything is being reimagined from the ground up to deliver experiences that are entirely new and magical.

The team at Oculus has been working to push the boundaries of what’s possible with hardware and software. I’m excited to bring together a new division dedicated to building high-quality VR content that helps define the platform and inspire others to do the same.

Thanks to the Oculus community for making this all possible and for having me as part of the team!”

Jason will be heading up the Oculus first-party content initiatives in Seattle, San Francisco, Menlo Park, Dallas and Irvine.

Source:http://www.oculusvr.com/blog/jason-rubin-joins-the-team-and-oculus-at-e3-2014/

That is a surprising announcement!

wait arnt these guys that kept saying over 30FPS doesnt have that cinematic feel BS ??

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

wait arnt these guys that kept saying over 30FPS doesnt have that cinematic feel BS ??

I believe that was Ready at Dawn, not Naughty Dog.

Naughty Dog have created some of the best games of all time.

Naughty Dog have created some of the best games of all time.

Right? It seems even lately those guys can't seem to fail.

Up until this point, I thought the OR was cool but wasn't planning on getting one for the next few years until there is a lot more support industry wide.

This changed that.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670