ASUS warranty

EyePlayGames

a couple days ago I tried to sign up to be a ASUS member for 3 year warranty for my gtx 750Ti.

well, the website is absolute junk (for me) and basically whenever I click something it either does not load or takes five minutes to load, and when I put in all the info it said the passwords did not match. I tried putting the password again, several times, yet still does not work and i could swear I typed it correctly...

so, (p.s. didnt know where to post this so put it in general discussion) now that 30 day period to sign up is about to run out... so im asking if anyone else is having this problem?

also, doesnt overclocking your card get rid of the warranty?? in that case should I just overclock

a couple days ago I tried to sign up to be a ASUS member for 3 year warranty for my gtx 750Ti.

well, the website is absolute junk (for me) and basically whenever I click something it either does not load or takes five minutes to load, and when I put in all the info it said the passwords did not match. I tried putting the password again, several times, yet still does not work and i could swear I typed it correctly...

so, (p.s. didnt know where to post this so put it in general discussion) now that 30 day period to sign up is about to run out... so im asking if anyone else is having this problem?

also, doesnt overclocking your card get rid of the warranty?? in that case should I just overclock

Some manufactures do allow overclocking some don't. If you do overclock though, they can't tell.

You should be fine. 

What's the website and I'll try it. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Some manufactures do allow overclocking some don't. If you do overclock though, they can't tell.

You should be fine. 

What's the website and I'll try it. 

not sure at the moment because there is a notification that pops up when I start my computer but I think i clicked it off, but it had ASUStek in it or something

Out of curiosity, how would the mfg be able to differentiate an OC from someone with sub-optimal cooling?

Well...it might do something odd to the look of the thermal paste I think.

And if there looks like there's heat damage to the PCB or elsewhere and the paste was properly in contact and no fans were broken, then I think they'll just assume that you overclocked.

I will say this about Asus.  My girl has an Asus branded computer (I know I know,  she did not know me when she bought it).  Her warranty was out in Feb.  At the beginning of May her powersupply fried her motherboard.  I told her to give them a call and just bitch a fit over the thing frying the mobo right after warranty.  They had her send the machine in and they replaced the mobo and PSU at no charge.  She I think had to pay shipping to Asus but they covered shipping back.  A lot of companies would have told her to pound sand but Asus stepped up to the plate here.  

I will say this about Asus.  My girl has an Asus branded computer (I know I know,  she did not know me when she bought it).  Her warranty was out in Feb.  At the beginning of May her powersupply fried her motherboard.  I told her to give them a call and just bitch a fit over the thing frying the mobo right after warranty.  They had her send the machine in and they replaced the mobo and PSU at no charge.  She I think had to pay shipping to Asus but they covered shipping back.  A lot of companies would have told her to pound sand but Asus stepped up to the plate here.  

they'd better lol most of Asus' gaming desktops cost like $3000, but nice to see that they did that for you

Even before I knew better than to buy prebuilts, I worried about what kinds of PSUs Asus threw in their PCs.