For people with earplugs

Im thinking of getting a small one. and i  have questions.

1)how does one start

2)does it hurt

3)if i hate it, does the hole fill back with time?

thank you :)

edit:

i mean this

1638367135.jpg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Earplugs? You mean ear studs/ear rings?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Im thinking of getting a small one. and i  have questions.

1)how does one start

2)does it hurt

3)if i hate it, does the hole fill back with time?

thank you :)

Do you mean tunnels? stretchers? 

You start small, and put in a stretcher, its not much more painful that a normal piercing

Blue-Ear-Stretcher.jpg

and slowly build up until it is as big as you want, then you can put in a tunnel to keep it at that size

yes as long as it isnt like inches wide, then it will heal up quite quickly if removed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Earplugs? You mean ear studs/ear rings?

idk we call them earplugs here

1638367135.jpg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

A friend of mine did that and he hated it after a while. He had to get them fixed through surgery.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Do you mean tunnels? stretchers? 

You start small, and put in a stretcher, its not much more painful that a normal piercing

and slowly build up until it is as big as you want, then you can put in a tunnel to keep it at that size

yes as long as it isnt like inches wide, then it will heal up quite quickly if removed

aah, thanks man :) yeah im thinking to stop at like 8-10mm, more than that looks gross, and i dont really want to have it for the rest of my life, just wanna try how id look

Unless you're part of some African tribe. I would pass.

im not, and i wont. i know most people dont like it, but they seem interesting to me, and would like to try it, but as i sad not like 3cm wide

aah, thanks man :) yeah im thinking to stop at like 8-10mm, more than that looks gross, and i dont really want to have it for the rest of my life, just wanna try how id look

im not, and i wont. i know most people dont like it, but they seem interesting to me, and would like to try it, but as i sad not like 3cm wide

Yeah small ones look good

489676839_407.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh dear god those are hideous. Please don't do it

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yeah small ones look good

indeed they do, thats why i wanna try it :)

Oh dear god those are hideous. Please don't do it

well thats your opinion. to me the small ones look nice. and this thread was mostly for me to get info on how to do it. ive decided beforehand to do it, and my mind could only be changed if it was irreversible

I've heard them called gauges down here. They give off a horrendous stench if you don't clean them(and your ear). 

They usually fully heal on their own if you stop using them but if the gauges you use get too large then you may have to get surgery to fix em as @techswede mentioned. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've heard them called gauges down here. They give off a horrendous stench if you don't clean the them(and your ear). 

They usually fully heal on their own if you stop using them but if the gauges you use get too large then you may have to get surgery to fix em as @techswede mentioned. 

yeah im a clean guy i would care for my ears, and thanks for confirming they grow back :)

A): In the US we call then Gauges

B): The first time always hurts. And dont skip any I went from a 16g to a 8g and that hurt like a bitch. then I went from a 8g to a 4g that one didnt hurt that much.

So in conclusion yes it will hurt your stretching your ear. But after the first time it doesnt hurt nearly as bad.

PS: If you ever saw me before you may have noticed I dont have gauges. Thats because I took them out the end of last year. I got tired of taking care of them so I just took them out. 

Also: LUBE UP

lol these are the kinds of decisions you regret when you are in your mid 40's.

A): In the US we call then Gauges

B): The first time always hurts. And dont skip any I went from a 16g to a 8g and that hurt like a bitch. then I went from a 8g to a 4g that one didnt hurt that much.

So in conclusion yes it will hurt your stretching your ear. But after the first time it doesnt hurt nearly as bad.

PS: If you ever saw me before you may have noticed I dont have gauges. Thats because I took them out the end of last year. I got tired of taking care of them so I just took them out. 

Also: LUBE UP

hahah thanks :) ill get my other ear pierced tomorrow and will go from that :)

hahah thanks :) ill get my other ear pierced tomorrow and will go from that :)

The levels are

16g | 14g | 12g | 10g | 8g | 6g | 4g | 2g | 0g | 00g | ................ After that they all go by mm's

Don't believe the people who say they go back to normal if taken out. I only stretched my ear to 6mm before being pressured by friends and family to take it out (glad they did that now, before I did myself any more harm), and it still hasn't reduced even by a single millimeter. This was back in like 2006 or so.

Don't believe the people who say they go back to normal if taken out. I only stretched my ear to 6mm before being pressured by friends and family to take it out (glad they did that now, before I did myself any more harm), and it still hasn't reduced even by a single millimeter. This was back in like 2006 or so.

Depends on the person and the size previously used. 

I've got a friend who's fully recovered. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

really? damn thats not something i wanna risk...

They look fucking ridiculous IMO, and I'm someone who has both ears pierced.

They look fucking ridiculous IMO, and I'm someone who has both ears pierced.

As I said i like the look of it, and was only asking about the technical side of it. 

I used to have ear and tongue piercings when i was about your age. It felt so cool and awesome to have something others don't dare to do to themselves. But as I grew older I started regretting it because I thought that I don't need these things to feel cool about myself and impress others. Besides, piercings or tunnels are really inconvenient if you have an active lifestyle (I play sport a lot) and prefer to keep everything simple (not worrying about what to wear,when to clean and where to keep them,etc2)

Small piercings are ok as they can heal back with little to no scar left. Tunnel on the other hand don't. You have to do surgery to get rid of that ugly flappy holes. Please think it through before deciding if you really want to have them and be stuck with it forever (unless you are a true hipster and plan to live your life the hipster way LOL :P). Not all people can pull it off nicely without looking like a total aborigines

To answer your question,

1)Get a normal piercing and start with small stretchers.

2)It can hurt if you are not careful with them.Need to moisten/lubricate the area everytime to avoid dry skin, Also, if you have stupid friends,they might do a prank on you by putting a lock to your tunnel. I did once to my friend.LOL

3)Anything less than 1/2cm should heal back me think,but they'll leave ugly scars. And your ear will look slightly bigger/disproportionate

I feel I need eyeplugs every time I see these.

i would say max 1 cm, because otherwise it wont grow shut again

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans