Best RPM for Dense Rads

I am planning to buy a Blackice GTX Xtreme 240 to put in my TJ-11, along with an SR1, or should I reverse it, a dense 480, and a low fpi 240 rad? I will be cooling a 3770k, or wait till the IB-E series along with a 690, or 7xx series card... What will be the best rpm for the dense 240/480 rad? The fans I already have are the Noctua NF-F12, controlled by my motherboard. I might add an M Cube T Balancer...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Buy a dense 480 and a 240 rad with low fpi

according to my experience i wold say best rpm would be around 1100-1450 rpm.

Hm... I think Ghost needs to look at this.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Where's Ghost when you need him? He's always in the WC forums...

I am planning to buy a Blackice GTX Xtreme 240 to put in my TJ-11, along with an SR1, or should I reverse it, a dense 480, and a low fpi 240 rad? I will be cooling a 3770k, or wait till the IB-E series along with a 690, or 7xx series card... What will be the best rpm for the dense 240/480 rad? The fans I already have are the Noctua NF-F12, controlled by my motherboard. I might add an M Cube T Balancer...

Doesnt matter what RPM it is.

The #1 thing you need to look at, is static pressure. I HIGHLY recommend Cooler Master's Blade Master. Best static pressure I have seen in a fan. It out performs the NF-F12 (i believe thats the model) and Corsair's SP fans in terms of static pressure. 

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Buy a dense 480 and a 240 rad with low fpi

according to my experience i wold say best rpm would be around 1100-1450 rpm.

I read in a review that said the Xtreme excels with fans 1600 - 2000 rpm...

Doesnt matter what RPM it is.

The #1 thing you need to look at, is static pressure. I HIGHLY recommend Cooler Master's Blade Master. Best static pressure I have seen in a fan. It out performs the NF-F12 (i believe thats the model) and Corsair's SP fans in terms of static pressure. 

Aren't those a re-name of the Akasa Viper PWM fan? They look very similar to me.

Aren't those a re-name of the Akasa Viper PWM fan? They look very similar to me.

I dont believe so. But I assure you, the Blade Master is AMAZING. I have it on my Hyper 212 Plus and i <3 it. Very low temps even with 4.3ghz overclock on my i5 2500k

Main thing with those CM ones, the only achieve good SP at HIGH RPM  = noise. :) I much prefer silence. I would look at the Air Penetrator fans - good fans and pretty quick for the RPM. AP 121's or 123's...

Do you see a theme? Like most WC gear - we all like our own thing... best bet, pick one and try...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Is the SP of the ap121 good enough for the GTX Xtreme?

Is the SP of the ap121 good enough for the GTX Xtreme?

I'd suggest against Corsair SP fans, as they are loud and don't move alot of air.

Instead, I'd say go for Cougar Vortex or as Whaler said, Air Penetration.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I'd suggest against Corsair SP fans, as they are loud and don't move alot of air.

Instead, I'd say go for Cougar Vortex or as Whaler said, Air Penetration.

CM's blade master has better static pressure tho. Check out the specs on the website.

CM's blade master has better static pressure tho. Check out the specs on the website.

Lol, I take manufacturer specs with a grain of sand.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

make them all low fpi radiators.. ive had the BIX radiators. excellent to use, but to get the best

temperature performance the low fpi has it. keeping the fan speeds under 1200rpm means quiet

and bawling performance. set that up with low pump speed and you got ultra-low noise and best

of show performance.

airdeano

make them all low fpi radiators.. ive had the BIX radiators. excellent to use, but to get the best

temperature performance the low fpi has it. keeping the fan speeds under 1200rpm means quiet

and bawling performance. set that up with low pump speed and you got ultra-low noise and best

of show performance.

airdeano

Agreed. Alphacool NexXxoS radiators are very good, and they have 11ish FPI. 

I'd get both NexXxoS's (gosh that's annoying to type), and some Yate Loon low RPM fans (if trying to save money) or Scythe GT's (if going for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE). 

My System: CPU: Intel i5 3570K GPU: 2x Radeon HD 7950 (crossfire)  RAM: Patriot Viper Extreme 16GB 1600MHz Mobo: ASUS Maximus V Formula HDD: 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB (Raid 0), 1x WD Caviar Red 2TB, 1x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold  -  CPU+Graphics cards watercooled by full custom loop. 

If you email the company who make the radiator with they give you an RPM without having to guess.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.