[Twitter] EVGA x99 Motherboard Glimpse

Accursed Entity

Welp, could be x79, but if its x99, THEN I'M ALL IN. Only reason I went x79 was because ram on both sides and only i7's aloud. I hope it's one of the two.

EDIT

Look at mobo next to it!! It has a 7 in it... X79 boards with ram on both sides?!?!? WAT?!?!

could just be a shot of Z87/Z97 to the left, X99 in the center and X79 on the right

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Hell yes, there is faith :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Pretty sure it's as big as X79

That's what an LGA 2011 socket looks like :)

Hmm fair enough, suppose I'm comparing online store promo shots compared to this pic. :)

Though saying that there does seem to be a bit more clearance around the socket compared to X79 boards I'm looking at and the retention arms seem to be different too.

Edit: Also looks like most of the board sockets are at 90 degrees, except for ones on the top.

Edited by GeathX

OMGOMGOMOG

SO BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:DDDDDDD Pricing?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

*stares at his iv-e build that's still not done*

O

M

G

90 degree 24 pin connector.

YUSSSSSS

Evga has had it on a number of boards but it can cause issues which is why most motherboard manufacturers avoid it.

Is it just me or is that one huge arse CPU socket :P

Same size roughly as 2011.

Hell yes, there is faith :D

Maybe. This time around I think your rams is going to be more than even your CPU :P

OMGOMGOMOG

SO BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:DDDDDDD Pricing?

No chance in hell man but it'll be eqatable to the x79 dark very likely.

When will EVGA get rid of this distusting 'salmon-red' colour?

You must have some really low quality salmon where you come from. Salmon is supposed to be a lighter peach colour.

Light_Salmon_429298_i0.png

But I agree, red shouldn't be on motherboards and that faded EVGA red is even more distressing.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You must have some really low quality salmon where you come from. Salmon is supposed to be a lighter peach colour.

But I agree, red shouldn't be on motherboards and that faded EVGA red is even more distressing.

I've seen it referred to as a 'salmon-red'. I can't think of a better desription really haha ^_^

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Posted Image

Have you seen the x79 dark? Cause that how all their boards should look, yum.

Have you seen the x79 dark? Cause that how all their boards should look, yum.

Yeah it looks nice, though so far they haven't ever made a single board that has all the features I need in the form factor I need (Dual Intel Gigabit LAN, PLX PEX chip, at least 8 SATA ports, PCIe spacing for 3-way SLi/Xfire, form factor of ATX at maximum)

EVGA has a hard-on for E-ATX so I'm not in their target audience regardless.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah it looks nice, though so far they haven't ever made a single board that has all the features I need in the form factor I need (Dual Intel Gigabit LAN, PLX PEX chip, at least 8 SATA ports, PCIe spacing for 3-way SLi/Xfire, form factor of ATX at maximum)

EVGA has a hard-on for E-ATX so I'm not in their target audience regardless.

U don't need plx on x79 or any of the enthusiast platforms and you generally have plenty of lanes. I bet the had a cost gen x79 board that was close to fitting that bit it would have never worked cause they were one of the worst off with launch x79 to the point you could trade them in for a x79 dark which was comply redone in time for ivy e.

U don't need plx on x79 or any of the enthusiast platforms and you generally have plenty of lanes.

That's true, the only times I evaluated EVGA was for z77 and z97.

When and if I go X99 a PLX PEX chip will only matter if it has onboard M.2 or SATA Express, which isn't seeming likely.

That's true, the only times I evaluated EVGA was for z77 and z97.

When and if I go X99 a PLX PEX chip will only matter if it has onboard M.2 or SATA Express, which isn't seeming likely.

Why would u need a plx chip with 40 lanes of pci-e? Also plx for storage is a no no.

Evga has had it on a number of boards but it can cause issues which is why most motherboard manufacturers avoid it.

What issues?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What issues?

stability mostly and just wierd shit JJ mention stuff about right angle USB 3.0 and manmy of the same stuff applies to that from what I recall.

stability mostly and just wierd shit JJ mention stuff about right angle USB 3.0 and manmy of the same stuff applies to that from what I recall.

I don't see what kind of problems could come with that...

The only obvious thing is that those pins could get bent and touch each other, or something conductive could short them out :\

This is easily solved by putting plastic over the exposed pins though, so I don't see why they don't do that :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't see what kind of problems could come with that...

The only obvious thing is that those pins could get bent and touch each other, or something conductive could short them out :\

This is easily solved by putting plastic over the exposed pins though, so I don't see why they don't do that :(

it deals with the top/outer wires being longer usually. I havnt seen much about it just that most manufactures choose not to do it even on their higher boards where the increase in cost could easily be justified

it deals with the top/outer wires being longer usually. I havnt seen much about it just that most manufactures choose not to do it even on their higher boards where the increase in cost could easily be justified

The length of the wires has no effect on anything... Otherwise all PSU cables would have to be the exact same length and extensions would not exist...

Spoiler

The length of the wires has no effect on anything... Otherwise all PSU cables would have to be the exact same length and extensions would not exist...

please tell that to the places ive read or heard that from and not me. generally that is a issues with data connection which maybe why its assumed that as issue there too. but once again "I havnt seen much about it just that most manufactures choose not to do it even on their higher boards where the increase in cost could easily be justified"

Them expansion slots. Them F#(!^& EXPANSION SLOTS. I'd so make a bleeding edge Hackintosh with this. :D

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

It wouldn't affect something as simple as supplying DC power, but it certainly can affect signalling for data/communication.  This the exact reason why a serial interface can be so much faster than a parallel interface even at a severe disadvantage in the number of channels, in theory parallel can be faster but in the physical world the slight differences in trace lengths and wire lengths put practical limits on how high the frequencies can be on parallel interfaces, because it messes up synchronization.

Whether or not that actually matters for this specific scenario, maybe, but I'm inclined to think not since so many boards have implemented it and seem to be working just fine.  Even if it did cause synchronization problems, it's a simple matter to run the traces from the bottom pins around the PCB a bit to make them the same length as the top pins.  The mismatched wire lengths is a poor excuse for not doing right-angle connectors.