I hate my brother...

terrytek

if he keeps guessing your passwords, they are too easy. Make your password a long phrase you will remember. like "idontwantmybrothertoplayrobloxanymore"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Sometimes I am glad I was an only child.  I always wanted a brother growing up, but if I had to deal with this, no thanks.  I never had to share, always had my own stuff, still prefer to have my own stuff.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

i feel a bit guilty that i was the little brother in my family and would spend all my time on the family computer playing on the flight sim

PooKloo For Slick

if he keeps guessing your passwords, they are too easy. Make your password a long phrase you will remember. like "idontwantmybrothertoplayrobloxanymore"

Exactly! There should be no easy way to bypass a good password unless your brother is also pretty good with computers. I know there are ways to reset windows passwords but if he knows them then there is really nothing you can do.

Exactly! There should be no easy way to bypass a good password unless your brother is also pretty good with computers. I know there are ways to reset windows passwords but if he knows them then there is really nothing you can do.

another good way could be a password set in the bios. Those are harder to get past.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

i feel a bit guilty that i was the little brother in my family and would spend all my time on the family computer playing on the flight sim

Oh man, I used to play Runescape and Diablo 2 on dial up on a Windows 95 and had to fight with my brother. Luckily (for me) he did what I said and wouldn't argue but the day we upgraded to DSL and got a new laptop is a glorious memory.

Then that Christmas we got computers of our own with Flight Simulator X. Stupid terrorists making Microsoft not make anymore of them... And no Microsoft Flight doesn't count. I think I spent more hours on FSX than I have in school.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Well, I did that one on accident. Do you mean on purpose? This issue has been happening since January, and it caused his grades to go ploop.

This is your solution. Don't do anything. Let him spend as much time as he wants on the computer. Don't nag your parents about it. 

Instead just have patience, read a book, study, go out with some friends. 

Your parents will notice your siblings dropping grades and lack of social interaction, to which they should be extremely worried. Wait until the latest report card/transcript gets sent to your parents because his grades are dropping. Your parents will probably flip out.

You just need patience:

Yoda-The-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

My brother tried thay once, I slaped him. You should try it, it worked for me. :)

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

My brother tried thay once, I slaped him. You should try it, it worked for me. :)

I don't like getting slapped back.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well my brother did cause a chain reaction, and this happens a lot at night. Last night, my brother was playing past bedtime. My mom told him to shut off. I told him to, but he kept saying wait, wait. After 30 minutes of playing after that, my mom came over and forced the PC off. I lost my data no thanks to his fucking mistake.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Younger.

So push him off. He his younger, so he has to listen to you! Tell him who the boss is.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

So push him off. He his younger, so he has to listen to you! Tell him who the boss is.

Well, I can't take his complaining if I push him off.

Well, I can't take his complaining if I push him off.

Is the PC in your room?

My sister complains too if I kick her out. The door lock helps alot.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Is the PC in your room?

My sister complains too if I kick her out. The door lock helps alot.

Nope, living room. Besides, if  I did have it in my room and I locked it, then the complaining gets even worse.

Jesus..stop letting this little cunt run your life. Whenever my brother as an obnoxious asshole, I turned my volume all the way up to drown him out and ignored. You are only encouraging this the more passive you react.

As others also suggested, use a pass phrase since those are far harder to guess and actually a lot more secure than random gibberish. I've glanced earlier and you've answered someone asking if this were a personal system or family, you chose personal. Take the thing to your room, tell the little brat to fuck off and lock your door. The whining enough should annoy your parents and guess what? Good. That's their kid, not yours. They should also tell him to stop being an ungrateful first world problem having ass and to do his homework or whatever he's actually supposed to be doing.

This isn't even my brother, but the total discontent I share with my own and you letting him override you is annoying me like a cat ready to claw someone's face in anger.

If it's your PC, he has no power over you. I don't mean to be rude, but man up and kick him off! Have zero tolerance on him playing roblox whenever he wants. And also if the PC really is yours, and you're his bigger brother, you make the rules for him. Not the other way around. Older siblings have the dominance over younger ones (in most cases), so don't get pushed around by him, push him around.

If that's too hard to you, learn. Read it from the internet, learn it from maybe your friends (or not if you'd get embarrassed by that) or relatives, and then try to incorporate that into real life. Show him who's the real boss!

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Jesus..stop letting this little cunt run your life. Whenever my brother as an obnoxious asshole, I turned my volume all the way up to drown him out and ignored. You are only encouraging this the more passive you react.

As others also suggested, use a pass phrase since those are far harder to guess and actually a lot more secure than random gibberish. I've glanced earlier and you've answered someone asking if this were a personal system or family, you chose personal. Take the thing to your room, tell the little brat to fuck off and lock your door. The whining enough should annoy your parents and guess what? Good. That's their kid, not yours. They should also tell him to stop being an ungrateful first world problem having ass and to do his homework or whatever he's actually supposed to be doing.

This isn't even my brother, but the total discontent I share with my own and you letting him override you is annoying me like a cat ready to claw someone's face in anger.

Well, we are already out of school, and now it got really crazy with summer and no homework. I did change my password, but he always wants to know it. He looooooves to blackmail me.

Well, we are already out of school, and now it got really crazy with summer and no homework. I did change my password, but he always wants to know it. He looooooves to blackmail me.

If he's blackmailing you for real, tell that to authorities. Have your evidence, though: police officers won't usually believe under 16 year-olds...

If that isn't an option for you for whatever reason, hit him back with something equal or worse. You know the old saying: the taste of revenge is sweet.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

If he's blackmailing you for real, tell that to authorities. Have your evidence, though: police officers won't usually believe under 16 year-olds...

If that isn't an option for you for whatever reason, hit him back with something equal or worse. You know the old saying: the taste of revenge is sweet.

No, it isn't real. He means like he threatens to drop my phone in the toilet if i don't let him in my door.

No, it isn't real. He means like he threatens to drop my phone in the toilet if i don't let him in my door.

Return the favor to him. If he threatens you just because he wants to use your PC however he likes, give him some good reasons not to, by threatening him enough to make him believe you mean it (like hiding your brother's phone somewhere, switching it's SIM card's password, physical threatening when he's on your PC against your will... There are possibilities....

Plus: don't keep your phone freely available for him to threaten you with. Keep your valuables near you.

Return the favor to him. If he threatens you just because he wants to use your PC however he likes, give him some good reasons not to, by threatening him enough to make him believe you mean it (like hiding your brother's phone somewhere, switching it's SIM card's password, physical threatening when he's on your PC against your will... There are possibilities....

He doesn't have a phone. And if he did, it would be gone by now.

Tried that, nothing.

What are you talking about?

How would that not work?=

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

What are you talking about?

How would that not work?=

He already know.