H440 or Define R4?

Yummychickenblue
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

After some investigating I have found out that those cases aren't out yet but also if I do get an MATX case I would want a small formfactor cube case, know any good ones?If you 

If you want a cube type MATX case then maybe wait for the Corsair Air 240 ?

H440 in what ever color you want! Such a sexy case! 

R4 :D

Social Links: LTT Forum    Website    Instagram    Twitter    YouTube    LinkedIn    Steam 

The Build

CPU Intel i7 4770k 4.4ghz Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z87 RAM 34gb (4 x 8gb) Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz GPU Evga GTX780 Classified Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic Storage Samsung 840 256gb SSD PSU Corsair HX750 Display Achieva Shimian QH300-IPSMS 1600p Cooling Corsair H100i Keyboard Corsair K90 Mouse Corsair M65 Sound 3.1 Surround Sound Fans 2x Corsair SP120 PWM, 3x Corsair AF140 Q.E, and 1x Corsair AF120 Q.E.

The H440 is like the skank of R4 clones

Go for original and classy, get the R4.

Error: 410

The H440

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

R4:                                                                                        H440:

3-stainless-steel-fridge-lgn.jpgecf88c0b65.jpg

They're both overly boring and fridge-like. If you are water-cooling, get the H440. If you are air-cooling, get neither. They are both unoptimized for airflow.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The H440 is far sexier in my opinion......But I really dislike the lack of ventilation. Too closed. I think Linus mentioned something similar in his review of it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Had an R4, the build quality is overhyped. Cheap plastic door, the roof has way too much flex to it without having anything in the roof mounted, the paint chips just unscrewing thumbnails, side fan is useless and creates more noise and dust than actually aiding in cooling if you go for that.

Have no experience with the H440, but I do not like the idea that NZXT tries to pass removing a feature like ODD bays as "innovative" (protip: being innovating requires creating something in a unique way that's positive, not remove a feature outright) That and lack of PWM controls in the fan hub.Even Noctuas are obnoxious at 12V so I can only imagine filling that things with fans and running it full out. Seriously, NZXT. No PWM or built in fan controller for all those fans?

If I were to grab a new case, i'd much rather grab one of the new matx cases from Phanteks than get either of these two - cases that are actually innovative.

I share your feels. @TheSLSAMG

Had an R4, the build quality is overhyped. Cheap plastic door, the roof has way too much flex to it without having anything in the roof mounted, the paint chips just unscrewing thumbnails, side fan is useless and creates more noise and dust than actually aiding in cooling if you go for that.

Have no experience with the H440, but I do not like the idea that NZXT tries to pass removing a feature like ODD bays as "innovative" (protip: being innovating requires creating something in a unique way that's positive, not remove a feature outright) That and lack of PWM controls in the fan hub.Even Noctuas are obnoxious at 12V so I can only imagine filling that things with fans and running it full out. Seriously, NZXT. No PWM or built in fan controller for all those fans?

If I were to grab a new case, i'd much rather grab one of the new matx cases from Phanteks than get either of these two - cases that are actually innovative.

The Enthoo cases?

Could you give me a link I can't find them on PcPartPicker.

After some investigating I have found out that those cases aren't out yet but also if I do get an MATX case I would want a small formfactor cube case, know any good ones?

If you enjoy build quality and don't like clones with giant logos, get the R4. Greatest case ever made.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

If you enjoy build quality and don't like clones with giant logos, get the R4. Greatest case ever made.

the h440 has an amazing build quality, the logo actually looks good and really isn't noticeable without the led on. but i would get the phanteks enthoo pro

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

After some investigating I have found out that those cases aren't out yet but also if I do get an MATX case I would want a small formfactor cube case, know any good ones?If you 

That is what I as going to do.