Candy Crush is now more profitable than all of Nintendo. How does that make you feel

nicehat

King-logo-600x350.jpg

Over the last three months King's Candy Crush Saga profits was at least equal to all of Nintendo's earnings over the same period. King has made $641 million in Q1 2014 while Nintendo only earned $411 million. That's a 56% percent difference in case you're wondering.

"King’s $641million turnover puts it just behind Apple at number 7, based on its first quarter as a public company and debut in the Newzoo ranking. To put this performance into perspective: King generated 56% more game revenues than Nintendo, ranked at number 10, in the first quarter of 2014. Its flagship title, Candy Crush Saga, generates around two-thirds of King’s revenues which alone is more than all Nintendo game earnings in the first quarter put together. Of course, Nintendo’s strong fourth quarter is still to come but chances are in favor of King to end up above Nintendo for the full 2014 calendar year."

King's catalog of games carries more than 150 games, but it has confirmed previously that Candy Crush Saga alone accounts for more than two-thirds of its profits. Interestingly, this means that Candy Crush Saga made more than $427 million last quarter, easily beating Nintendo by $16 million.

...Crushed yet?

http://www.alistdaily.com/news/in-q1-candy-crush-outgrosses-all-nintendo-games-combined

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134934-Candy-Crush-Sagas-Q1-2014-Profits-Crush-Nintendo

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Facebook mums. Everywhere.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

I think partly it's Nintendo's fault... all of the BS with taking down videos on YouTube and just not appealing to the audience with the Wii U as much compared to PS4 & Xbox One... It's a cool console but I just think they could have done better with it and advertised it better.

I think partly it's Nintendo's fault... all of the BS with taking down videos on YouTube and just not appealing to the audience with the Wii U... It's a cool console but I just think they could have done better with it and advertised it better.

I agree about the videos though to a point

They are appeal to the Nintendo fans just that the market has drecreased which how the video game community is now days. And I agree about better adversing completely. You know who else could have USD it MICROSOFT!

Nintendo have been doing some dickish things lately, though.

post-35593-you-make-me-sad-gif-Monty-Pyt

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I think partly it's Nintendo's fault... all of the BS with taking down videos on YouTube and just not appealing to the audience with the Wii U as much compared to PS4 & Xbox One... It's a cool console but I just think they could have done better with it and advertised it better.

I don't think the YouTube issue is that much of a factor for the majority of people, as they're not you tubers so it does not affect them. The marketing though, is a major issue. They failed to exploit the market effectively, advertising it in the right places, and thus shot themselves in the foot.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

RIP nintendo go and join sega in paradise

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

dreamcast era

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

So what?

Candy Crush will be like Farmville in a few years time. Nintendo will most likely still be chugging along.

Even in a dying Nintendo will outlive King.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

RIP nintendo go and join sega in paradise

Oh Sega. I still weep for you. Did you know kids these days have NEVER heard of Sega? It was one of the largest and most advanced company in the world in the gaming industry, now people don't even know its name. 

RIP Sega, you will always have a special place in my heart.

That's nuts, and fairly depressing to hear, although not that overly surprising I guess.

But... but... Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 3 make me sad about this.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I do not find this overly surprising. Sad yes, surprising no. Candy Crush is probably more profitable than many things. Nearly every person carries a smart phone capable of playing the Candy Crush apps.

So what?

Candy Crush will be like Farmville in a few years time. Nintendo will most likely still be chugging along.

So what? Back in 2007-8 Nintendo was actually on top of the world because they've sold the Wii and their crap games to the exact same market: the casual market. If Nintendo has enough cash to chug along for more years is precisely because the 1 hit wonder success they had with the Wii, and NOW you want to turn it around and dismiss the success of Candy Crush when Nintendo did the exact same fucking thing?

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't see how that's possible with all the billions of dollars that Nintendo is surely making if they're that dedicated to monetising videos on youtube

Oh Sega. I still weep for you. Did you know kids these days have NEVER heard of Sega? It was one of the largest and most advanced company in the world in the gaming industry, now people don't even know its name. 

RIP Sega, you will always have a special place in my heart.

Sega will have a special place in your heart huh? You ever play Company of Heroes 2? Sega bought over the IP and well... I didn't think it was possibly but it's even worse than EA in terms of how much DLC milking they are doing... 

Sega will have a special place in your heart huh? You ever play Company of Heroes 2? Sega bought over the IP and well... I didn't think it was possibly but it's even worse than EA in terms of how much DLC milking they are doing... 

I'm talking about the good ol' sega. This new shit isn't Sega. Sega died back in the early 2000's and is now on life support.