Nvidia Grid for 4k (or just high res) gaming?

Raphhashem

I've been playing around with Nvidia's Grid workspace and noticed it had Unigine valley pre-installed. I've heard that Grid is supposed to be uber powerful and everything so I cranked up the screen resolution and started the benchmark. I have to say I was amazed as it played at 2048x1536 at over 30fps! Before you all go crying that 30fps is just a number, the actual stream from the servers to me was capped at 30fps @ 720p anyway so I'm just assuming that GRID is programmed to only allocate me enough resources to drive that. (Even though the stream was 720p the program seemed to render at 2048x1536)

Anyway moving swiftly on, the stream was fine considering it was coming from to US to the UK using only 10Mbps (out of 100mbps  ;) ) with a ping of 29ms. If Nvidia could take over and compete with onlive for genuine high resolution gaming on lower end hardware, I'd pay monthly for that instead of changing out a graphics card every year.

Now imagine they could scale up the hardware for 4k gaming and triple monitor setups. It would allow students such as myself experience this awesomeness without getting high end cards in crossfire, etc.

Most of this was written from an uneducated and wishful point of view so don't hate on me if I said anything incorrect. :P

What do you guys think? 

"Lost in the woods, but DAMN these trees are cool!"