Watch Dogs - boring or not?

ManOfDisguise

are you already bored/dissapointed of watch dogs? i know i am!

I finished the story as soon as i could and after that i almost immediately got bored. Why?

- ridiculously reptitive missions - i dont know if i ever played such a repetitive game but damn this is REPETITIVE. its always a case of finding the guy with the securtiy access code, getting it, hacking in, leaving - rinse and repeat over and over and over again

- car damage - where is it? most of the times when i ram my car at full speed into another vehicle i usually damage that vehicle but mine doesnt have a scratch? am i supposed to be in a tank?

- not as visually good as the demo was - the e3 demo looked amazing and the full version still looks great but if it would have looked like it did at e3 this would  be one of the best looking games out now

- multiplayer games take too long to find and when you do its usually not even full and only max 8 players anyway and even then its just a TDM in a part of the city with borders that you cant go out of 

- was wishing for more interaction with the civilians - its cool how you can profile people and see their jobs, interests but this gets boring really fast and i wish there would be some unique hidden side missions when you would profile someone 

- story is decent at best

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

so you speed ran the main stuff and are now surprised that the stuff you are supposed to do little by little in between got boring fast?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

The game is fun if you just play it and not judge stuff.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Did you try the digital trips? I'm pretty addicted to Alone right now.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Its ok, but I really really hate the Chase missions, I am at Act 4 Chapter 1, but I just can't find the mood to play it, since there are certain aspects along the next few missions that I can't stand

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I took my time and did the main story over about 4-5 days now im hooked on 1v1 hacking, its a lot of fun sneaking into another persons game and hacking them while trying to not get busted :)

The game isn't super amazing or anything but its a very solid title if you ignore the optimization issues that PC users are having, i think some people just like to attack new things especially if they're more popular than the attacker feels the game deserves. 

I'm enjoying the game very much, the ambiance in the game is pretty nice and the game really looks amazing at night or when the suns going down, even in life everything looks bad during the day it's just too bright.. 

There's a lot of side missions, crimes to stop, and the actual story missions to go through.  You'll be well over 40 hours when you beat the main story story, the one thing I hate is the chase downs as the driving isn't bad "please tell me your guys are not using a keyboard?..." but not great and even gta's driving isn't great either.   

Also I would not compare the final game to the E3 demos mainly because their tiny renders of the full game, if they kept it as is from the E3 demo the consoles couldn't run them and the game already is a vram monster...  I'm playing the game enjoyably at 1440p with High settings on a gtx 680 reference card.

My only complaint is when a person talks in game it doesn't look great...  The part feels unfinished and even AC has better facial animation and I wish the character wasn't soo close to the screen as they had it right in the E3 demo... or at least how I would have placed him in game. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

It's not a "boring" game. Theres LOADS of stuff to do. Just every other part is...well shit.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

The game is fun and can keep you entertained for a while.  All of the side missions are pretty much the same but the cool thing is that I'm about 12 hours in and I'm still only on Act II out of 6 I believe, so the main story is very beefy, much like AC4's was.  And if you're tired of the main story you can always fight crime (although once you earn the Vigilante status among the people there really is no reason to unless you kill civilians), spy on people, play mini games, and be a general dick to the city of Chicago.  

It's not game-breaking in terms of fun, but it's certainly not boring.  If I get about 10 more hours from it I'll call it a great purchase for 60 dollars.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Not sure about the game, but the endless threads about it are.

People can talk about it as much as they like. That's not for you to decide. If you have nothing useful/constructive to say then please don't bother posting.

I think the game is enjoyable. The campaigns can become quite challenging which keeps it interesting for me. Hopefully the incoming patch will address some of the issues.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

People can talk about it as much as they like. That's not for you to decide. If you have nothing useful/constructive to say then please don't bother posting.

I think the game is enjoyable. The campaigns can become quite challenging which keeps it interesting for me. Hopefully the incoming patch will address some of the issues.

I didn't ask anyone to stop talking about it, I can post my opinion if I want that's not for you to decide either.

still need development and more optimization, can't judge it yet, but it still isn't that Cool of a game to me so ...

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I've been playing WD whole weekend and I'm quite enjoying it. I didn't even finish act II. I'll be playing side missions this week, if I find some time and then main story during weekend. Like a freakin' ritual lol...

It sure have major technical problems, but it's not boring.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I have enjoyed Watch Dogs pretty much actually. I have been streaming it via In-Home Streaming on Steam, with a bit of a lag and a massive audio bug. Yet that have not stopped me from playing, and actually having a good time, with a controller too! Too bad my GTX 680 can't handle them ultra settings :(

So far I have been impressed by:

1. Hiding from the cops mechanic

2. Intelligent Cops and thungs following me

3. The online hacking mechanic

Not impressed by:

1. Frustrating being chased by the cops

2. Driving mechanic is worse than GTA IV

3.  No police on the water (easy escapes every time)

I tried playing some on my computer directly, and I must say that keyboard/mouse is to be preferred. I just want to show my roomates how much money I have spent, and how superior PC is ;) I will play the game on Hard in my room once I have finished lollygagging in the living room.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO | GPU: x1 Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 (2GB) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | RAM: 32GB 8x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair TX 750W | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Zx | SSD: Intel 520 Series 180GB (Boot & Windows) | HDD: WD Green 2TB (Steam), Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (Storage), External Seagate 500 GB (Storage) External WD 1TB (Storage) | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | MonitorLG IPS 24" 1080p | Keyboard: CMStorm Quickfire TK Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50 | Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II, Roth Oli POWA-5 Black | Microphone: Samson Q1U | Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sapphire Black (32GB) | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" (32GB) | Notebook: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 | Steam: 4500+ Games

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

I have enjoyed Watch Dogs pretty much actually. I have been streaming it via In-Home Streaming on Steam, with a bit of a lag and a massive audio bug. Yet that have not stopped me from playing, and actually having a good time, with a controller too! Too bad my GTX 680 can't handle them ultra settings :(

So far I have been impressed by:

1. Hiding from the cops mechanic

2. Intelligent Cops and thungs following me

3. The online hacking mechanic

Not impressed by:

1. Frustrating being chased by the cops

2. Driving mechanic is worse than GTA IV

3.  No police on the water (easy escapes every time)

I tried playing some on my computer directly, and I must say that keyboard/mouse is to be preferred. I just want to show my roomates how much money I have spent, and how superior PC is ;) I will play the game on Hard in my room once I have finished lollygagging in the living room.

cops are not intelligent ._. you get full wanted status and gazillions of cops after you, once they decide theyve lost you you can pull right out infront of them and theyll act like they dont know who you are, also if they come when your in a gang shootout they shoot you and ignore the gang people 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Havent got it but sounds like it being boring is you blitzing through the game. Blitzing through an open world game like WatchDogs/GTA/Skyrim/Fallout etc isnt the way the games meant to be played. You can play it however you want, but bear in mind that the devs designed it a certain way.

the story is very incomplete which is disapointing.

there are supposedly 4 different groups in the game, dedsec, blume, the club, viceroys.

u have very little or no information on all the groups, the best group that u have knowledge of is probably the viceroys, the rest u know almost nothing, and have very few encounters with them. i dont expect the typical movie ending (they lived happily ever after) but atleast know some stuff about these groups it gives the story more depth to it... they could have had 10 seperate acts if the story was planned out differently, but no... ubisoft decided not to.

i was also looking foward to multiplayer but that is currently rubbish since it takes way too long to join matches, and when you join decryption mode (which looked really fun but is absolute junk when its free for all) there is never a full lobby. the other things are fine but they are not fun and too short considering the time you wait to join. 

watchdogs is a good game but has many bad factors  :(