Dual GPU Titan

titanx2_zps145a84c3.jpg

Just an idea I had, picture is fake, I shopped it lol.

But is it possible? Two Titan GPU's on a single PCB?

I doubt Nvidia would do it, but I suppose someone like EVGA could take it upon themselves (sort of like HIS and Powercolor did with the 7990).

Sorry if the title and picture got you excited because you thought it was real ha.

Here's a real confirmed picture of the 790 though:

790_zps61381c73.jpg

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

lol that would be cool. not the titan, the microwave ;)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It would be a pain in the @ss to fit 12gb of vram on a single pcb though, unless the try to pull a 13/14".

I think it is possible to see dual GK110 GPUs (that the GPU model in TItan) on one PCB in future. It is not something that will surprise me.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

lol that would be cool. not the titan, the microwave ;)

That's not a microwave, that's a 790.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

That thing would be f...ing expensive. I expect it would cost even more than 2 Titans due to engineering and stuff

144Hz goodness

I think it is possible to see dual GK110 GPUs (that the GPU model in TItan) on one PCB in future. It is not something that will surprise me.

If that were true, it will be a nightmare for case compatibility. 2 GK110's in one PCB will make the card 13"+.

If that were true, it will be a nightmare for case compatibility. 2 GK110's in one PCB will make the card 13"+.

I can't see why not. GK110 chip itself is as big as a coin (not really larger than previous gen Fermi GPUs or Kepler GK104). Maybe the problem will be the memory as it is 6GB for each GPU, but i did say 2 GK110 not that the possible video card will have 12GB total memory. If the Voltage regulator module is your concern, yes maybe it is a problem as two GPU cores will need more power so VRM must be more beefy (so potentially larger). But i don't think this is as much of a problem as ARES II's VRM is placed on only one not so big PCB ( and have in mind AMD GPUs do consume more power, Titan is very energy efficient). :) I am no expert here so this is just a theory. 

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

They only put 6gbs on it because they had plenty of room, so in effect they could do a dual titan gpu, and knock the ram down a touch : )

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

The issue is not being able to make the card. That is physically possible. The problem I was saying size since it'll be as big or maybe bigger than the Ares II was. Kind of defeats NVIDIA's MO which is smaller and more efficient cards.

The issue is not being able to make the card. That is physically possible. The problem I was saying size since it'll be as big or maybe bigger than the Ares II was. Kind of defeats NVIDIA's MO which is smaller and more efficient cards.

Although it would take up less space than 2 titans so it would technically still be smaller and more efficient.

Its very unlikely to happen, the price of such a card would be insane and the sales would be so low that it just wouldn't be cost effective. 

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Although it would take up less space than 2 titans so it would technically still be smaller and more efficient.

Its very unlikely to happen, the price of such a card would be insane and the sales would be so low that it just wouldn't be cost effective. 

The length would be the problem. Not many mid-range cases could even fit the Ares II.

The length would be the problem. Not many mid-range cases could even fit the Ares II.

Although the target demographic probably wont have a mid-range case, after all if you can spend 2k on a video card you can probably afford to spend a bit more on your case.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

That's not a microwave, that's a 790.

It would probably be the best value graphics card in the world.  Just imagine... Playing battlefield 4 ultra on 3 screens and cooking a pizza at the same time XD

Although the target demographic probably wont have a mid-range case, after all if you can spend 2k on a video card you can probably afford to spend a bit more on your case.

One of Titan's target market were SFF systems.

a duel titan will look like a 690 with titan instead of Titan on it

Character artist in the Games industry.

a duel titan will look like a 690 with titan instead of Titan on it

I'd love to see 2 Titans duel. LOLJK  :P

A nice idea but it'd be a really overpriced card. I think the single titan itself is really overpriced too and i dont think that anyone could user 12gb effectively.

A nice idea but it'd be a really overpriced card. I think the single titan itself is really overpriced too and i dont think that anyone could user 12gb effectively.

I've seen benchmarks of 2 Titans beating 2 690's so it might be a more viable option.

Also, VRAM does not stock on multigpu configurations. So 2 Titans in SLI will only have 6GB of effective VRAM.

I've seen benchmarks of 2 Titans beating 2 690's so it might be a more viable option.

Also, VRAM does not stock on multigpu configurations. So 2 Titans in SLI will only have 6GB of effective VRAM.

Oh yeah forgot about that VRM in sli

They had plenty of room on the pcb which is whu they stuck 6gigs on it : )

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200