Just a dark scenario... what if you lost a sense of who you are?

kungfury7

Again, sorry for my lack of english skills. I'm just feeling like ranting so I will be very careless about my grammar.

So here's a scenario then... what if you wake up one day, and you realized that many aspects of your ability to read, write, and speak is lost.. and some of the data that you have been accumulating all your wholes has suddenly vanished? Basically your brainpower is suddenly diminished in many ways, and you are less of who you were? Would that affect your drive to live on? Of course in this scenario, this suddenly change of your brain affects your work performance, memory, cognition, just anything. Does being less intelligent affects a sense of who you are? How would you go on living?

Classes would be wierd to say the least and my Maths teacher would yell at me so hard that my ears would probably never be the same...

i'm a potato

Uhh i cant, i'd go mad and kill myself, to cant read is to cant write, to cant speak is to cant think. Thus 80% Brain dead. Damn animes..

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well if you lose the ability to eat your kinda fu*ked.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Uhh i cant, i'd go mad and kill myself, to cant read is to cant write, to cant speak is to cant think. Thus 80% Brain dead. Damn animes..

what if you don't loose all... like if you lose 20-30 percent of your ability to read, write, and speak. 

So, this would basically be like getting brain damage after an accident?

I guess that it depends on the person, and on how much one remembers from ones ´former´ life. If I would have full awareness of what I used to be capable of, I would prbably be very depressed.

But if I didn't know, I wouldn't be non the wiser, and just go on living my new life.

But you lead into a much better question: What makes ´you´? Are humans only identifiable as persons, on their individual ability to read, write, articulate etc. or is there more to us? 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

what if you don't loose all... like if you lose 20-30 percent of your ability to read, write, and speak. 

Killed myself fo sho. I CANT READ THESE TEXT IN OPTIONS MENU HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO PLAY GAMES

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Could I relearn everything? If so, I'd just relearn everything (Assuming I still understand the verbal English language).

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Not really. 

>.> k

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

That would say that Stewen Hawking can't think and that is very incorrect.

How should i know, i never experienced this dark scenario b4. But still i'd kill myself.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Well if you lose the ability to eat your kinda fu*ked.

Mixed blessing. Never have to worry about food, be picky about it, or spend time preparing or eating it.

Nutrient injections and/or shakes are fine too.

Error: 410

So, this would basically be like getting brain damage after an accident?

I guess that it depends on the person, and on how much one remembers from ones ´former´ life. If I would have full awareness of what I used to be capable of, I would prbably be very depressed.

But if I didn't know, I wouldn't be non the wiser, and just go on living my new life.

But you lead into a much better question: What makes ´you´? Are humans only identifiable as persons, on their individual ability to read, write, articulate etc. or is there more to us? 

Well, this scenario i'm imagining up would be something out of thin air... you suddenly woke up one day and you have no idea about what caused it.

Secondly, yes, you are fully aware of what you used to be able to excel.. in terms of your ability to read, write, and communicate verbally. You are reminded of who you were everyday from your writings of the past, the level of ability you used to have but no longer.

And to add to your very interesting and greatly appreciated comment, maybe it's what makes you ... "you" that's really imporant. You are identified by the reflection you cast of yourself, because no matter how the society reflects back on you, on an innate level it's really about what you perceive of yourself. That's my opinion anyways.

Could I relearn everything? If so, I'd just relearn everything (Assuming I still understand the verbal English language).

Well umm, in this scenario, yes you can relearn everything, but your "cognitive" ability as to read, write, and speak has diminished by, say, 25-39 percent.

Mixed blessing. Never have to worry about food, be picky about it, or spend time preparing or eating it.

Nutrient injections and/or shakes are fine too.

Yeah, there's still always soylent around hahahah.

That would depend on the people in my life. I may be a shut in and I may be more of an introvert than an extrovert but I do care for people close to me and I'm kindhearted underneath my douchy keep people away appearance. if I could still make the people close to me happy or be of use to them I'd do my utmost best to keep driving forward. If I'm all alone, a burden to everyone around me and just plain alone ALL of the time, I'd probably deteriorate and eventually die.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

That would depend on the people in my life. I may be a shut in and I may be more of an introvert than an extrovert but I do care for people close to me and I'm kindhearted underneath my douchy keep people away appearance. if I could still make the people close to me happy or be of use to them I'd do my utmost best to keep driving forward. If I'm all alone, a burden to everyone around me and just plain alone ALL of the time, I'd probably deteriorate and eventually die.

+1 .. Every person who likes Biostar is kind-hearted.

It will matter way much more if I lost my sense of logic thinking.That would be devastating.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It will matter way much more if I lost my sense of logic thinking.That would be devastating.

Would it be devastating to you if you lost... say, 20-30 percent of it.