How do I make my hair impeccably soft and smooth?

terrytek

Lately, my hair's been rough and dry. I found out that I've been only using shampoo, not conditioner. But it's been months since I've been using conditioner daily. I think it's too late to soften my hair. Now, I've been using Old Spice 2 in 1 conditioner/shampoo every day. Is that enough, or do I need more drastic measures, like deep conditioning?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Don't wash it each day, do it each 2 days and use conditioner. Do you have long hair? cause that depends too.

Edit: Typo

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Don't watch it each day, do it each 2 days and use conditioner. Do you have long hair? cause that depends too.

No. I have short black Asian hair. But do I still do conditioner every day or every other day?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

No. I have short black Asian hair. But do I still do conditioner every day or every other day?

My hair get's oily quite fast. So I do it every other day. And since it's approaching the summer season. I'd recommend to do it everyday if the heat permits. If you're like sweating pellets. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Have you tried petting it? I find that tends to soften things to you. (usually)

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Well it will be ok, just use a conditioner more often, I like Pantene BUT that varies from person to person. I have a fair and smooth hair, lovable to the touch.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Little Baby's Ice Cream

Well, you probably shouldn't wash excessively since it can damage your hair.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My hair get's oily quite fast. So I do it every other day. And since it's approaching the summer season. I'd recommend to do it everyday if the heat permits. If you're like sweating pellets. 

This.

It depend how oily it gets too, thanks for adding that.

I wash my hair twice every day and that works for me.

This.

It depend how oily it gets too, thanks for adding that.

My hair doesn't look oily. It's more flat.

Little Baby's Ice Cream

Umm... Let me change that so I don't have to wash it so much. How does excessive washing damage hair?

Little Baby's Ice Cream

Meh, it's dead already anyways.

Only wash your hair every other day, washing it every day dries it out.

Use separate shampoo and conditioner. Two in ones aren't that great I find.

After a while it'll be fine again.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Don't you care about silky and smooth hair? 

Don't you care about silky and smooth hair? 

My hair is pretty smooth as far as I know but I don't care about things like split ends.

Look for shampoo with "moisturising" word on the bottle

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

WHAT THE HELL!?

That is one creepy video...

My hair doesn't look oily. It's more flat.

Umm... Let me change that so I don't have to wash it so much. How does excessive washing damage hair?

Washing hair in general gets rid of oils that naturally maintain your hair. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That is one creepy video...

its an advertisement for little baby's icecream.  Never buying their product, might be made from babys after seeing that. 

Mane 'N Tail Shampoo + Conditioner:

Mane-n-Tail1.jpg

I'm not joking. My Sister bought me some recently and my hair feels silky smooth.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

oily hair means shiny hair

The best looking type of hair is curly/wavy/shiny black hair.  I used to have a fraction of that before puberty hit, but then it changed.  I have more coarse and rough hair now, paradise lost.  That is the price paid for being mixed with black and asian.  You can see glimmers of what might have have been, a path not taken, but biology took hold.

Indian guys have great looking hair, because it's more likely to be shiny black hair.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...