[TPU] A sneak peak at ADATA's next generation RAM modules

As you know, in Q1 of 2015 will be  the supposed release of the Haswell-E and Broadwell chips. Along with that we still need to wait for new RAM modules to release so we can run these next generation chips. ADATA has just detailed a look into their next generation DDR4 RAM modules for the enthusiasts. These new modules will be able to meet the 16 GB per stick density as what DDR4 will bring.

123a.jpg

Here is the first picture of ADATA's XPG V3 DDR3 DRAM module. It will be launched alongside the company's first enthusiast-grade DDR4 modules. ADATA's XPG Z1 DDR4 modules will come in densities as high as 16 GB, clocked at JEDEC-standard DDR4-2133 MHz, and run at module voltages of 1.2V. The same heatspreader design as the one pictured below, will also be used on the company's new XPG V3 line of DDR3 modules, and will come in a number of color options, to match your motherboard's color scheme. The first client platforms with support for DDR4 memory include Intel "Broadwell," and "Haswell-E" HEDT.

I feel personally the heatsinks match very well to the ASUS WS board's heatsinks for some reason. Probably due to geometry.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

what in the world?! who would want pyramids in their pc?  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

That aint a pyramid x3

Seriously though, they look fine to me. Personally I like either black or silver heatsinks.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

That aint a pyramid x3

Seriously though, they look fine to me. Personally I like either black or silver heatsinks.

looks like one in a way :P i know its a triangle but for some reason just reminds me of one 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

No more green modules? YES PLEASE

what wrong with green ram? looks nice in something like a g1 sniper  

Specs

It's not even remotely close to a pyramid...it actually looks cool and for once they didn't put big ass fins, teeth, or even a flat bar across the top. Plus, some designs work better than others for cooling. I imagine this helps heat go out the sides or something.

what wrong with green ram? looks nice in something like a g1 sniper  

In a G1 sniper, yes, but the modules without the heatsinks in green is really ugly on almost any other board.

In a G1 sniper, yes, but the modules without the heatsinks in green is really ugly on almost any other board.

ahh thought you were talking about the heat sink not the pcb  

Specs

You get to pick your favourite colour clashes ^^

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

ahh thought you were talking about the heat sink not the pcb  

Ooh no not the heatsink :-)

I can certainly think of several ways using a RAM module with a green heatsink!

You get to pick your favourite colour clashes ^^

I know! I've seen all those kits from AData in a video a while ago. pretty cool.

Black Pink build incoming.. ;-)

I know! I've seen all those kits from AData in a video a while ago. pretty cool.

Black Pink build incoming.. ;-)

Despite my preference to a silver/black build I would actually consider a purple themed one. Love me some Warlock purple.

Despite my preference to a silver/black build I would actually consider a purple themed one. Love me some Warlock purple.

That would indeed look awesome! Especially with the same purple used for the tubing in the loop.

Reminds me somewhat of @LinusTech his build.

If the standard DDR4 voltage is 1.2 volts @ 2133Mhz, imagine the clock speeds on 1.5 volts, which my 1600Mhz DDR3 runs at. Amazing.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Good looking, and hopefully will be one of the first to support 16 GB per DIMM. All the memory!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

That shade of red is glorious!

Only thing I can fault is the heatsink. I don't really see the point of redic tall heatsinks. They are unnecessary and only create compatibility issues. With such low voltage and efficiency, it makes zero sense.

What on earth happened to simple nice looking RAM. Like these sticks:

post-15026-0-17212200-1401198598.jpg

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

As you know, in Q1 of 2015 will be  the supposed release of the Haswell-E. Your wrong. Intel confirmed today that it will be on september...

Lol, I saw this today:D I did not post it because i am not intressted in DDr4 anymore, I want pricing:D

I dont like the design. I will wait for corsairs..

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

What an interesting shape.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

The heatsink shape is actually a triangular prism.

But I agree with you, it was a stupid design choice. It will impact people who have air coolers, like the Noctua NH-D14.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.