MSI R9 290X with 8 GB of RAM and 3 games.

Newegg is selling the MSI R9 290X Lightning with 8 GB of RAM (system memory) and 3 games included with the card, it's a pretty dang expensive card (700$ USD) but I didn't see anything else about it so I figured I'd mention it here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127787&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=  

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I've not once hit over 3.8GB of Vram, even at high resolutions on a single card.

You'd need three of these to really push the games into using 8GB, 3x780 can power 4K +2xAA (and you need to go that high to FINALLY break 4GB Vram) making this card actually usable.

But for a single card having 8GB, by the time a demanding game comes out that requires this much, the core won't be fast enough to power it @ the obscene detail levels needed to break 4GB+

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Please explain where you get 8 GB of vram from on that page.

Its not vram, its regular ram. the card itself has 4gb of vram, but when you buy the card you get 2x4gb of ram and some free games

8 GB of regular system memory, sorry for the confusion I'll alter it to specify.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Its not vram, its regular ram. the card itself has 4gb of vram, but when you buy the card you get 2x4gb of ram and some free games

8 GB of regular system memory, sorry for the confusion I'll alter it to specify.

Ohhhh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

Free 8G Memory + 3 games w/ purchase, limited offer

Edit: Looks like others already answered.

Ohhhh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

No problem, I was thinking I should have been more specific since GPUs have their own RAM.

Newegg is selling the MSI R9 290X Lightning with 8 GB of RAM (system memory) and 3 games included with the card, it's a pretty dang expensive card (700$ USD) but I didn't see anything else about it so I figured I'd mention it here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127787&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=  

Would like to point out the post does say " with 8 GB of RAM (system memory)" with the key being system memory.....

Because it's so hard reading the first four replies to me...

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif

and reading the stupid font the op uses makes it worse

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Would like to point out the post does say " with 8 GB of RAM (system memory)" with the key being system memory.....

Na, I edited that part in after he mistook it for vram so don't be too hard on him. :)

Because it's so hard reading the first four replies to me...

Oh god! Don't die on me!!

What stupid font? I don't see a stupid font here.

pls

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What stupid font? I don't see a stupid font here.

Error 404 stupid font not found.

Italic is not strictly a font.

He's using Italics as well as some dumb font. This is default font with italics.

This is what he uses:

This ugly mother trucking thing

He's using Italics as well as some dumb font. This is default font with italics.

This is what he uses:

This ugly mother trucking thing

Are you entirely sure that's what I'm using?

No problem, I was thinking I should have been more specific since GPUs have their own RAM.

why do you talk in a retarded font? I guess it's better than comic sans..

Why you no understand English? For font to be retarded it would have to posses a brain, which it doesn't.

What did you say?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What did you say?

oh gosh..haelp.. it burns...

oh gosh..haelp.. it burns...

Feel it burn

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III