Corsair Air 540 VS Cooler Master HAF XB

Title.

What do I get among the two? Was originally planing to get the air 540 but then I saw the CM HAF.

air 540. uses less desk space and looks cleaner. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Whichever you like the best.

The Air 540 is newer and personally I think it looks nicer. Both will take up a large amount of desk or floor space, but I believe the HAF XB has a larger footprint because of the horizontal motherboard tray

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Anything from the HAF line is an eye soar. Go with the 540.

Thanks guys, seems like the 540 is worth the additional money. :)

I love my air 540. Cable management is awesome and you can water cool pretty easily in it, Air cooling is good as well. Also it's a very nice looking case.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I like my air 540, but it could use more room for drives and stuff. I don't know where you would mount a reservoir in it though. I'm looking for a new case myself, one that's got enough room for expansion to really push a gigabyte z97-SOC force I just bought. Been looking at mountain mods but not sure I like how bare they are for their price.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

540 bruh.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I prefer the aesthetics of the 540, however I believe it is bigger than the haf xb

540 is quite a bit bigger, and i dont believe the haf xb has a window in it. so if you want to look inside at all the prettys, thats something to consider.

the haf xb is essentially a lan box. its got handles on the sides, so if you do plan on taking it places, the haf xb would be more convenient.

i personally own a 540 and love it, but i was also considering picking up a haf xb for another future build

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.