Best Remote Desktop for gaming / GPU acceleration & compute?

I recently bought a HP Z series workstation, partially because of their Remote Desktop software, that USED to come with a perpetual license bundled with the purchase of the computer…unfortunately, that’s no longer the case.

They do provide the previous version to use (indefinitely), but it’s buggy, and sadly will not ever be updated.

Now that HP has acquired Teradici, they want you to use their new HP anywhere software, which is based on PCoIP, and admittedly has a lot of sick features, but comes at the cost of a subscription fee.  I think it’s around $300 per year, per computer.  Yikes.

What is everyone else using these days?  Are there LAN only options that are available for free, where you can run the game or pro app software on your PC and connect to it from a LAN based Mac Client?

17 minutes ago, NickKz said:

What is everyone else using these days?  Are there LAN only options that are available for free, where you can run the game or pro app software on your PC and connect to it from a LAN based Mac Client?

moonlight/sunshine for local connections (moonlight on client and sunshine for host)

and as @RONOTHAN## said, parsec for offsite connections

(you can use parsec for local connections too but the color depth is lower unless you pay for a subscription)

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

47 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

moonlight/sunshine for local connections (moonlight on client and sunshine for host)

and as @RONOTHAN## said, parsec for offsite connections

(you can use parsec for local connections too but the color depth is lower unless you pay for a subscription)

I'm not OP but out of curiosity does moonlight/sunshine require an internet connection like PARSEC? Does it support platforms other than Windows?

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm not OP but out of curiosity does moonlight/sunshine require an internet connection like PARSEC? Does it support platforms other than Windows?

Moonlight Client supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Steam Link, Android, IOS, and ChromeOS
Sunshine Server Supports Windows, Mac, Linux and works with Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD. Requirements

And it can be used remotely, it's not restricted to local connections.

And if you want remote desktop check using-moonlight-to-stream-your-entire-desktop

I used to use TeamViewer, but their freebie version finally crossed the line from "tolerable" to "insufferable".

Parsec is my new remote access solution of choice. I haven't gamed over it, but just checking security cameras and general browsing feels like you're accessing the machine by a KVM with a web UI.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

11 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

im pretty sure it works without an internet connection, you just need both systems to be on the samel local network

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd