Broken youtube channel (Ruhi Cenet)

jonoo

Ruhi Cenet's channel, with over 8 million subscribers, got hacked weeks ago now.

I think he got his channel back under his control but it still hasn't been restored. I have no idea what youtube is doing about it.

The weird thing his channel is showing no videos however some are still discoverable through searching for his name? What is going on?

Does anyone have any explanation why his channel may take so long to be recovered or not be able to be recovered at all. And why might hidden videos be discoverable is this a know bug?

Untitled.thumb.png.fc981af2fd2ffe1b787f6ce7ec040951.png2.thumb.png.7f7e61e6d86eba132f8451ccbc501379.png

Because 8M subs these days is nothing and youtube doesn't care unless you're in the top 0.1% of channels on their platform.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Did he have two Youtube channels? It's showing "Discover with Ruhi Cenet" (@RuhiCenetGlobal) has 1.43M subscribers on the videos that show in the search result, but visiting the Youtube page for that channel it goes to "Ruhi Çenet" (@RuhiCenetMedya) which shows 8.68M subscribers and no videos?

It's possible that when the channel was hijacked the channel name and tag was changed and he had to change it to something else, but that wouldn't explain the difference in subscriber count displayed.

I'm wondering if he was able to recover his account by merging two different Youtube accounts and that is causing the second channel (RuhiCenetGlobal) to redirect to the primary channel (RuhiCenetMedya). That could also be causing issues with restoring videos? 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, jonoo said:

Does anyone have any explanation why his channel may take so long to be recovered or not be able to be recovered at all. And why might hidden videos be discoverable is this a know bug?

Could be some weird Youtube caching issue where the videos are restored, but just not showing on the channel page... Though, I wouldn't expect this to last for more than a few hours at most.

9 minutes ago, jonoo said:

I have no idea what youtube is doing about it.

Probably very little to nothing.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

16 minutes ago, jonoo said:

I have no idea what youtube is doing about it.

And neither does anyone here.

Why do people keep posting that stuff here like LMG can do anything about it?

If he has 8+M subs he should have a contact at youtube at this point, should be working with them, and both of them would be the ones to know what's going on, not people here.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Did he have two Youtube channels? It's showing "Discover with Ruhi Cenet" (@RuhiCenetGlobal) has 1.43M subscribers on the videos that show in the search result, but visiting the Youtube page for that channel it goes to "Ruhi Çenet" (@RuhiCenetMedya) which shows 8.68M subscribers and no videos?

Could be some weird Youtube caching issue where the videos are restored, but just not showing on the channel page... Though, I wouldn't expect this to last for more than a few hours at most.

Probably very little to nothing.

Yeah he did have 2 channels at one point although they are both empty for now and also both redirect to the same page. And yes its been several weeks since his channels got hacked and supposedly regained control 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

And neither does anyone here.

Why do people keep posting that stuff here like LMG can do anything about it?

I never asked for any LMG employees to do anything i was asking if this is a thing people had seen before.

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

If he has 8+M subs he should have a contact at youtube at this point, should be working with them, and both of them would be the ones to know what's going on, not people here.

Fair enough I thought there might be someone in the community who knows a bit about what channel data youtube retains and whether they store backup images of a channel in case of a hack and what it takes to restore it (if its even possible).