Which Video Did JayzTwoCents Made Comment About Nvidia Clocks vs Temps Scaling?

This is a bit of a two part question:

1. In which video did JayzTwoCents claim that (paraphrasing roughly in my own words) Nvidia GPU clock speeds scale really well with lower temperatures in general (i.e. the temperature could be -120C or something ridiculous and GPU boost will *still* keep boosting higher and higher to "match" that temperature)?

2. Is the aforementioned claim true in anyway, if yes or no then how so?

As a computer microarch enthusiast who loves excellent performing hardware, I'm always looking for examples of good scaling; but I just wanna make sure that I am getting my facts straight 馃憖

4 minutes ago, linuxChips2600 said:

2. Is the aforementioned claim true in anyway, if yes or no then how so?

Not sure the video, but it's true to some degree. Graphics cards in general do scale to ridiculously low temperatures for maximum clock speeds (it's the main reason why liquid nitrogen is used for GPU overclocking), though a) there is usually a temperature where they stop improving (either due to a "cold bug" where the card just stops working properly or legitimately scaling negatively with temperature) and b) GPU boost is not responsible for those improvements. There is a point with GPU boost where it just stops improving clock speed with lower temps because it reaches a different limiter, IIRC it's around 50C with most cards but I'm not aware of an exact number. Below that point, the only way to improve clock speed is to just increase the clock slider.聽

Yes, for example the 4070 Super runs cooler than the 7900 GRE, and this is how well they overclock (08:15 if you are lazy)

Jayz is still Jayz

amd self oc based off heat and nvidea dose something els or something like that. maybe nvidea runs cooler maybe that it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links