CPU always running at extremly high frequency

Hi,
I got a Ryzen 7 5800X and it's running always at top clock speed and I don't know why. I'm worried about its health and the damages it could cause, can you guys help me and enlight me on this subject ? Is it normal ? excessive ? and what should I do ?
image.png.f08bf45fc2ba6eb73f65ddf4acbda10d.png
It has always been that way, and even after fresh restarts (reinstalling windows) it's still the same. Like when windows is absolutely naked, it runs at 4.2 GHz at 0% usage.
I'm worried
I even changed the motherboard, and I guess this excludes all kind of overclocking (which I didn't do) because it's been the same before and after the switch.
Please help

17 minutes ago, STEUSSO said:

Hi,
I got a Ryzen 7 5800X and it's running always at top clock speed and I don't know why. I'm worried about its health and the damages it could cause, can you guys help me and enlight me on this subject ? Is it normal ? excessive ? and what should I do ?

It has always been that way, and even after fresh restarts (reinstalling windows) it's still the same. Like when windows is absolutely naked, it runs at 4.2 GHz at 0% usage.
I'm worried
I even changed the motherboard, and I guess this excludes all kind of overclocking (which I didn't do) because it's been the same before and after the switch.
Please help

Absolutely nothing to worry about 馃檪聽 Your CPU is completely fine as long as temperatures are good.

My CPU's are doing the same.

46 minutes ago, STEUSSO said:

I got a Ryzen 7 5800X and it's running always at top clock speed and I don't know why

That's normal, it's how the boost system is designed. If anything is happening in the background (Windows Update, monitoring software, even just moving the mouse), it will boost to the maximum clock speed in an attempt to make the system feel as snappy as possible. It's completely safe for the CPU, nothing to worry about.聽

2 hours ago, STEUSSO said:

Hi,
image.png.f08bf45fc2ba6eb73f65ddf4acbda10d.png
I'm worried
Please help

Task manager is useless to know what is actually happening, Ryzen Master will tell you EXACTLY what is going on where its likely only one core is even awake.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

You might want to right-click on that graph to display threads instead of overall usage.

image.png.dbbd5251f5e4f26771434561a048307e.png

The r茅sum茅 on the left only provides the frequency of the faster core, not an average - as @RONOTHAN## and聽@Alex Atkin UK聽said, it's quite likely you have a single core boosting for background tasks.

7 hours ago, Aleph256 said:

You might want to right-click on that graph to display threads instead of overall usage.

image.png.dbbd5251f5e4f26771434561a048307e.png

The r茅sum茅 on the left only provides the frequency of the faster core, not an average - as @RONOTHAN## and聽@Alex Atkin UK聽said, it's quite likely you have a single core boosting for background tasks.

Plus even viewing logical processors is not that clear, as its a percentage utilisation of the given clock speed of that core.聽 Although odds are a higher utilisation would mean the core is boosting, but say 20% utilisation it might still be clocking really low so that appears high when its more like 1% in reality.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Thank you all so much for your help. I was a bit worried about this, and I also think that it had some consequences on my fan speed. Again thank you all for your help! (I understood the task manager trick, I'm going to add ryzen master screenshots for my next topics)