'Unbeatable' Cinavia Anti-Piracy Technology Cracked by DVD-Ranger

JantsoP

I think I tried a YIFY rip once on a 55" across a room, nevermind a PC monitor. 

Never again. 

I had to go YIFY for some hard to get movies, or when I was running really low on space. Redownloaded better quality when I bought a new HDD. Some YIFY rips are just plain painful to look at. 

I've never had an issue with YIFY rips @ 1080p. They come out crystal clear as I believe YIFY doesn't alter the video in any way, they just pretty much strip everything other than 2.1 channel sound to allow it to compress to a decent size (x264). The only complaint is they almost never rip at full native resolutions (1920x1080 usually is 1920x800).

Let's play a game: If you can count the number of years since you last purchased a PC game in Optical Media as your first choice (meaning if it was used or discounted then by all means) and you have to use less than 2 hands to count, you are doing it wrong.

Bought SimCity 4 on disk. When was that?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Well i kinda saw this happening. Nothing is secure nowadays. I hope tough Cinavia will do something to fix this since this bad for movie business

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/dvd-ranger-cracks-unbeatable-cinavia-anti-piracy-system-140524/

Know what's also bad for the movie business? Selling your shit for $50 in Australia and wondering why we still pirate it, as per the fact Australia is one of the most piracy-prominent countries in the world (per capita anyway)

I've never had an issue with YIFY rips @ 1080p. They come out crystal clear as I believe YIFY doesn't alter the video in any way, they just pretty much strip everything other than 2.1 channel sound to allow it to compress to a decent size (x264). The only complaint is they almost never rip at full native resolutions (1920x1080 usually is 1920x800).

No, that's not how encoding videos work. Also, YIFY and "crystal clear" should never be in the same sentence unless there is a "is absolutely not in any way" between the two.

What YIFY does it download a high quality release like PublicHD, feed the good file to the slaughterhouse called x.264 (at least with their settings) and out comes a big pile of low quality video that can fit on a CD.

Their 1080p releases might be decent once they switch to HEVC or VP9. But then again, bit rate is just a number...

Paul: DON vs YIFY

Wreck-It Ralph: NiP vs YIFY

Anyway I think these are fantastic news. The more DRM that is broken, the more freedom the users get to do whatever they want with THEIR media. Hell, here in Sweden we have to pay a special tax (and the money goes to the movie and record industry) because it is legal to do backups for personal use, and then we get stupid crap like DRM preventing us from using it.

With a huge bit of luck the movie, game and records industry gets their heads out of their asses and realize that DRM is a horrible thing that only makes the experience worse for their customers.

2FohEFX.jpg?1

Hitler wasn't that bad.

Ofcourse he wasn't, he killed jews.

Let's play a game: If you can count the number of years since you last purchased a PC game in Optical Media as your first choice (meaning if it was used or discounted then by all means) and you have to use less than 2 hands to count, you are doing it wrong.

2 months ago, Disc is much much quicker than download for me by a few days to a week.

Mass effect 2 free postage sealed and was a fraction of the price digitally just used the cd key on origin and installed with the disc since my internet is fucking appalling same with BF3. Bam take that

Hey I did say it doesn't counts if it saves you money Mr.!

2 months ago, Disc is much much quicker than download for me by a few days to a week.

Umm ok, I sorta missed this one as a rule: Rural Folk and folk with terrible ISPs do have a valid reason so yeah you go right ahead

Bought SimCity 4 on disk. When was that?

If it was around when it originally came out it would be 2003 so you need 3 hands to count that!

Sonic R.

That must have been 99 or 00.

Another prime example: 2 separate decades ago!

Myself the last one was I think Neverwinter Nights in 2002 and by the way one of the purchases I regret the most.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Opcode I'm sorry to tell you this, but MOST theatrical movies are not actually 1920x1080. Let me explain:

Most theatrical movies are filmed in either 1.85:1 or 2.39:1 (rounded to 2.4:1 often). "HD" is 16:9 (equiv to 1.77:1).

Have you ever noticed why most blu-ray movies have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen even though you're watching it on your big fancy "Widescreen" TV? The differing ratios is the reason why.

So when a movie comes out and it has the resolution of 1920x800, it's because all they've done is taken the 1920x1080 Blu-Ray, and stripped out the black bars on the top and bottom to give you the true video resolution. They aren't purposefully screwing you or removing any portion of actual movie footage. If anything, having the video file in the ACTUAL aspect ratio is far superior, since when you full screen it, you'll get the black bars if necessary anyway.

I still see tons of people complaining about it, especially on torrent comments, without actually understanding why. So your YIFY release at 1920x800 is actually the same - resolution wise, as the actual blu-ray disc copy at 1920x1080, just without the black bars. Make sense?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hey I did say it doesn't counts if it saves you money Mr.!

Umm ok, I sorta missed this one as a rule: Rural Folk and folk with terrible ISPs do have a valid reason so yeah you go right ahead

If it was around when it originally came out it would be 2003 so you need 3 hands to count that!

Another prime example: 2 separate decades ago!

Myself the last one was I think Neverwinter Nights in 2002 and by the way one of the purchases I regret the most.

Oh lol i was talking about BF3 was £40 on origin same price in store picked it up same day and started playing it the exact same day whereas digitally would of taken me atleast 12-16 hours.

Well i kinda saw this happening. Nothing is secure nowadays. I hope tough Cinavia will do something to fix this since this bad for movie business

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/dvd-ranger-cracks-unbeatable-cinavia-anti-piracy-system-140524/

I am sorry but I do not see this as a negative, I'd like to be able to back-up my DVDs/Blu-Rays since I own them. It's like a knife, you can choose whether to fix a meal by using it or kill people, just because the latter is a horrible act does not mean we should ban knives(I'd love to see you try to cut into a steak without one).