What do I need to do to overclock My MSI GTX 1660, and can I use ASUS Gpu tweak 3 on it?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

The general tool everyone uses is MSI Afterburner. GPU Tweak 3 also works, though Afterburner is a bit more polished and easier to use IMO (could just be that it's what I'm used to though). 

4 minutes ago, Shockboost99 said:

I dont know how to make it safe.

If you're only using Afterburner or GPU Tweak, the worst that will happen is a blue screen, nothing that will permanently damage your hardware. You have to purposefully do something like BIOS mod the card or modify the PCB to get increased voltage in order to have a shot at damaging the card, not something you'll do by accident. 

I dont know how to overclock a Gpu and I dont know how to make it safe.

10 minutes ago, Shockboost99 said:

I dont know how to overclock a Gpu and I dont know how to make it safe.

Have a look through this video, it shows how to overclock an Nvidia GPU and what to look out for and how to make it safe 🙂
You can use ASUS GPU tweak 3 if you want or MSI Afteburner like in this video.

I have only used MSI afterburner for all my GPU overclocks for over a decade.

The general tool everyone uses is MSI Afterburner. GPU Tweak 3 also works, though Afterburner is a bit more polished and easier to use IMO (could just be that it's what I'm used to though). 

4 minutes ago, Shockboost99 said:

I dont know how to make it safe.

If you're only using Afterburner or GPU Tweak, the worst that will happen is a blue screen, nothing that will permanently damage your hardware. You have to purposefully do something like BIOS mod the card or modify the PCB to get increased voltage in order to have a shot at damaging the card, not something you'll do by accident. 

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you for the help, Im gonna try to OC it and see the performance difference.

15 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Have a look through this video, it shows how to overclock an Nvidia GPU and what to look out for and how to make it safe 🙂
You can use ASUS GPU tweak 3 if you want or MSI Afteburner like in this video.

I have only used MSI afterburner for all my GPU overclocks for over a decade.

Thank you, Im gonna watch the video and see, or Ill just look up a article since its faster.

3 minutes ago, Shockboost99 said:

Thank you, Im gonna watch the video and see, or Ill just look up a article since its faster.

I would watch the videos as he will show what to look for on screen when you overclock too far ( this is called Artifacting )

He will explain every setting and what they do as well.

Sure its a long video but after this you know exactly what to do 🙂