Lg c3 questions

tom1828

Hey guys

Just wondered and fellow anime watchers here?

Looking at this TV or maybe the newer version

My question is how does anime look on these TVs?

My main worry is motion.. apparently at 24p these oleds have an issue with stutter and judder.. turning settings up will bring in the soap OA

Anyone able to help take this worry of my mind?

Thankyou

Yes everything you describe is accurate. Stop worrying about it.

It's a fricking beautiful display with amazing colors, plenty of brightness, and it's extremely accommodating. You can disable all of the ads (why is nobody mentioning this in reviews?) And the speakers are functional, but of course everything external is better. There are endless options, with each input having its own settings for everything (brightness, contract, sound/picture mode, clarity options, game settings).

The 120 Hz VRR is insane to see if you go for a 55 or 65 inch. The 65 inch C3 was on sale at Amazon for $1244 about two months ago. The fire sale for C3 might be over... not fully sure.

20 minutes ago, johnt said:

Yes everything you describe is accurate. Stop worrying about it.

It's a fricking beautiful display with amazing colors, plenty of brightness, and it's extremely accommodating. You can disable all of the ads (why is nobody mentioning this in reviews?) And the speakers are functional, but of course everything external is better. There are endless options, with each input having its own settings for everything (brightness, contract, sound/picture mode, clarity options, game settings).

The 120 Hz VRR is insane to see if you go for a 55 or 65 inch. The 65 inch C3 was on sale at Amazon for $1244 about two months ago. The fire sale for C3 might be over... not fully sure.

Thankyou for the response

Appreciated

My main reason is 24p is very important on my list and the whole motion stutter.. judder.. interpolation.. soap opera effect is naturally a big worry

2 minutes ago, tom1828 said:

Appreciated

My main reason is 24p is very important on my list and the whole motion stutter.. judder.. interpolation.. soap opera effect is naturally a big worry

The C3 has three levels of smoothing. There is a "cinema" mode that does a really good job balancing. I normally turn off smoothing on all my displays, but the C3 is the first one where I always find myself enabling. It made a huge difference with smoothing even at the lowest setting.

Check out some reviews of anime content on YT.

10 hours ago, tom1828 said:

Appreciated

Most modern TVs run into this problem, not just OLEDs. It's basically just the pixels being "too fast" and not introducing any more motion blur that could mask low fps content. But you can play around with the motion interpolation settings. On both my C9 and C2, I manually set both interpolation sliders to 5 and most content now looks like 50-60 fps without much stutter or interpolation artifacts, no matter if it's native 24 or 30 fps.

Idk why so many purists hate the soap opera effect. Why would I want to watch content with more stutter?

Anime looks great. But you will probably need some amount of motion interpolation to smooth out very low fps shows.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Idk why so many purists hate the soap opera effect. Why would I want to watch content with more stutter?

I agree with this completely. I hated how the smoothing worked on my TV from 2008, so I always turned it off. The modern LG OLEDs have some crazy good interpolation! I found myself bumping it up and it still looked fine. I watch a lot of animated movies with my kids and smoothing was almost a requirement to enjoy the movies. Once I turned on smoothing and realize the panning and fast action are less jarring, I didn't want to turn it off.