Jump to content

Could someone help me build a pc

I am new to building a PC and have a budget of 1500 dollars, and I’m in the U.S.

i want to play games mainly FPS and RTS and maybe video editing in the future.

I don’t have a current PC at the moment

if anyone can help thank you.

Edited by Kamboompoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Country?

Budget?

Usecases aside from games and video editing?

Existing pc/parts?

 

Btw correct subforum is new builds and planning so just self report and ask a mod to move it for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

[ Moved to New Builds and Planning ]

 

What games do you want to play?

 

What country do you live in?

 

What's your budget?

 

What's your current computer, and do you want to reuse any of its parts?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Kamboompoo said:

I am new to building a PC and have a budget of 1500 dollars. I don’t know where to start looking

i want to play games and be able to do video editing

if anyone can help thank you.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HwpbHG not best but i tried

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Kamboompoo said:

I am new to building a PC and have a budget of 1500 dollars. I don’t know where to start looking

i want to play games and be able to do video editing

if anyone can help thank you.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QsgLgB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.00 @ MSI) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($102.97 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1474.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 10:12 EDT-0400

 

Any questions about the build feel free to ask!

System specs:

 

 

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

 

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QsgLgB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.00 @ MSI) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($102.97 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1474.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 10:12 EDT-0400

 

Any questions about the build feel free to ask!

Switch that psu out for a slightly cheaper one and you might be able to fit in a 7900gre by the skin of your teeth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Switch that psu out for a slightly cheaper one and you might be able to fit in a 7900gre by the skin of your teeth

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TtYrQP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.00 @ MSI) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($102.97 @ B&H) 
Video Card: XFX RX-79GMERCB9 Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card  ($540.53 @ Amazon) 
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM750D 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1485.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 10:34 EDT-0400

 

You're not wrong 😋

System specs:

 

 

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

 

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TtYrQP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($169.00 @ MSI) 
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($102.97 @ B&H) 
Video Card: XFX RX-79GMERCB9 Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card  ($540.53 @ Amazon) 
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Deepcool PM750D 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1485.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 10:34 EDT-0400

 

You're not wrong 😋

Just what I was thinking lol
 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ChNNwg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650 LiveMixer ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: PROXMEM UNDERWORLD TUF 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($96.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($102.97 @ B&H) 
Video Card: XFX RX-79GMERCB9 Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card  ($540.53 @ Amazon) 
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M (2021) 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1460.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 10:35 EDT-04

 

Is there a microcenter nearby? There are some great deals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

CL32

30

3 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB

is Teamgroup MP44L out of reach?

 

4 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M

C tier PSU with a high end GPU?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, podkall said:

30

First response time is same bruv

 

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

is Teamgroup MP44L out of reach?

Believe so to keep it sub 1500, unless he’s doing specific stuff it won’t change too mcuh
 

 

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

C tier PSU with a high end GPU?

People obsess over that tier list too much. It’s an important indicator, I agree, but with the ~200w of space it’ll be fine with surges. You also have to keep in mind budget. If it was d tier/e tier /f-tier then no, but above that system killers don’t really exist. I get the worry, but there’s a balancing act with budget

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kamboompoo said:

I am new to building a PC and have a budget of 1500 dollars, and I’m in the U.S.

i want to play games mainly FPS and RTS and maybe video editing in the future.

I don’t have a current PC at the moment

if anyone can help thank you.

Needing peripherals then ?

 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

First response time is same bruv

first response doesn't mean much when the latency is higher,

 

55 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

People obsess over that tier list too much. It’s an important indicator, I agree, but with the ~200w of space it’ll be fine with surges. You also have to keep in mind budget. If it was d tier/e tier /f-tier then no, but above that system killers don’t really exist. I get the worry, but there’s a balancing act with budget

I guess with headroom it'll be okay

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

Believe so to keep it sub 1500, unless he’s doing specific stuff it won’t change too mcuh

sometimes it's the small things that can make it worth,

 

as much as some components aren't important, I'm not really feeling right when you pair high-end parts with the cheapest SSD possible:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($139.00 @ MSI)
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($113.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX RX-79GMERCB9 Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card  ($540.53 @ Amazon)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $1475.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 11:44 EDT-0400

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

first response doesn't mean much when the latency is higher,

With the higher mhz shouldn’t it start to balance out?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Linuswasright said:

With the higher mhz shouldn’t it start to balance out?

 

 

yeah, but memory controller strain, each increase above 6000 sweetspot is kind of a gamble

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Linuswasright said:

First response time is same bruv

 

Believe so to keep it sub 1500, unless he’s doing specific stuff it won’t change too mcuh
 

 

People obsess over that tier list too much. It’s an important indicator, I agree, but with the ~200w of space it’ll be fine with surges. You also have to keep in mind budget. If it was d tier/e tier /f-tier then no, but above that system killers don’t really exist. I get the worry, but there’s a balancing act with budget

I have room to go a few hundred dollars above 1500$ if needed. But thank you for all the help for everyone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kamboompoo said:

I have room to go a few hundred dollars above 1500$ if needed. But thank you for all the help for everyone 

Tbh,there won’t be many massive gains past where we are right now till ~2000$ mark
 

That is, unless, you live by a microcenter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kamboompoo said:

I have room to go a few hundred dollars above 1500$ if needed. But thank you for all the help for everyone 

More would get you nicer aesthetics, and higher quality parts,

 

this list is the same but has faster and slightly better SSD and higher quality PSU:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($139.00 @ MSI)
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($97.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX RX-79GMERCB9 Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card  ($540.53 @ Amazon)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1502.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-16 13:00 EDT-0400

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×