Black screen GPU fans maxed

Moosecuda

I looked everywhere and tried all recommendations but still periodically I get BST and it is reaaaaally annoying.  The PC was running fine since I put it together this past October but in the past 3 months or so, I started having this problem, for the life of me I can't remember if I did anything, but I think it is software related as I have not touched the internals or moved the PC since then, unless a component went back somewhere.

I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI Suprim Liquid 4090, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E, and for sticks or 2 sets of Corsair Vengeance (16 GB each) DDR5-6000 CL36 memory (total of 64 GB), and a Seasonic Vertex 1200 ATX3 PSU. 

Here is what I have done so far:

• I tried different 12VHPWR 16-Pin cables including the one that came with Seasonic and CableMod (not the angled ones), at any case there is no sign of burn or melting on any of the cables anywhere, so I am lucky there.
  • I updated everything: Windows is up-to-date, Nvidia latest driver and GPU firmware, and latest BIOS from Asus.
  • The GPU is firmly seated directly into the top PCI slot.
  • I tested the memory using both the Windows 11 memory test and MemTest86, both seem fine and the sticks are firmly seated.
  • I re-seated ALL cables verifying the snap and the pins on both sides the motherboard/GPU and PSU.
  • The PSU has no issues and is functioning just fine.

49 minutes ago, Moosecuda said:

I looked everywhere and tried all recommendations but still periodically I get BST and it is reaaaaally annoying.  The PC was running fine since I put it together this past October but in the past 3 months or so, I started having this problem, for the life of me I can't remember if I did anything, but I think it is software related as I have not touched the internals or moved the PC since then, unless a component went back somewhere.

I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, MSI Suprim Liquid 4090, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E, and for sticks or 2 sets of Corsair Vengeance (16 GB each) DDR5-6000 CL36 memory (total of 64 GB), and a Seasonic Vertex 1200 ATX3 PSU. 

Here is what I have done so far:

• I tried different 12VHPWR 16-Pin cables including the one that came with Seasonic and CableMod (not the angled ones), at any case there is no sign of burn or melting on any of the cables anywhere, so I am lucky there.
  • I updated everything: Windows is up-to-date, Nvidia latest driver and GPU firmware, and latest BIOS from Asus.
  • The GPU is firmly seated directly into the top PCI slot.
  • I tested the memory using both the Windows 11 memory test and MemTest86, both seem fine and the sticks are firmly seated.
  • I re-seated ALL cables verifying the snap and the pins on both sides the motherboard/GPU and PSU.
  • The PSU has no issues and is functioning just fine.

Have you tried using the adapter?

1:1 12VHPWR has given me the most issues out of all the other options, the fan ramping while idle being one of them. I speculate its an issue with the sense pins.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017