Looking for a CPU to match my GPU

Go to solution Solved by Levent,

A) Dont use those stupid bottleneck calculators.

B) 5700X/5800X/5700X3D/5800X3D are all good options for you (as long as your motherboard supports them and you can cool them)

Budget (including currency): About 600€ 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming, I want to be able to play the newest titles. 

Other details: Not so long ago I've upgraded almost every piece of my PC except for my CPU, since then I've been trying to find what CPU to even buy (I have an Radeon RX 6800XT and Ryzen 5 3600 rn) which obviously creates a huge bottleneck. According to the bottleneck calculator it's 29%. I am playing at 1080p, 144hz, because that's what my monitors allow. I've found a reddit thread about what CPU to match with this graphic card, but when I popped them into the bottleneck calculator they all showed like 15%+ bottleneck. I don't know if I should just try different CPU's in the calculator and just buy one with lower bottlenecks or if the calculator is somehow inaccurate ?

B) 5700X/5800X/5700X3D/5800X3D are all good options for you (as long as your motherboard supports them and you can cool them)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Arizona_Ranger said:

bottleneck calculator

"Bottleneck calculators" are nonsense, you might as well ask a random number generator. Whether you're CPU-bound or GPU-bound entirely depends on what games you play, there's no easy across-the-board answer.

What motherboard do you have? If Ryzen 5000-series support is a BIOS flash away, something like a 5700X would be a noticeable upgrade for you.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yes, that's what I was wondering, if they were accurate at all. Thank you for the tips also. 

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

What motherboard do you have? If Ryzen 5000-series support is a BIOS flash away, something like a 5700X would be a noticeable upgrade for you.

I currently have Tuf Gaming b450-plus II. 

Also thanks about that bottleneck calculator stuff, It's good to know not to rely on them. 

46 minutes ago, Arizona_Ranger said:

Yes, that's what I was wondering, if they were accurate at all. Thank you for the tips also. 

A x3D chip will be quite useful in your case, hi refresh rate 1080p 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 4/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, PDifolco said:

A x3D chip will be quite useful in your case, hi refresh rate 1080p 

Thank you all for your advice, I ended up buying Ryzen 7 5800X3D, just got it today, tested and it runs like a charm.