Microsoft tests ads in the Start menu,

Edward78

https://www.osnews.com/story/139276/microsoft-tests-ads-in-the-start-menu/

This can be turned off by going to Settings > Personalization > Start and turning off the toggle for “Show recommendations for tips, app promotions, and more”. Ok well that is good, but st

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

8 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

https://www.osnews.com/story/139276/microsoft-tests-ads-in-the-start-menu/

This can be turned off by going to Settings > Personalization > Start and turning off the toggle for “Show recommendations for tips, app promotions, and more”. Ok well that is good, but st

At least it can be turned off for now. But they are going out of their way to make me not want to use Windows. To be honest I kinda like MacOS and SteamOS a bit better than Windows at this point.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

21 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

At least it can be turned off for now. But they are going out of their way to make me not want to use Windows. To be honest I kinda like MacOS and SteamOS a bit better than Windows at this point.

Yes, if any game would just work with the same quality/performance in Linux/Unix/Mac I may ditch it. MS they are greedy little *****, god I think I remember reading about this in edge too a while back. Plus that update that makes it where you can't change the default browser!

Haven't there been ads in the Windows 10 start menu for like 4 years now?

I used Classicshell, so I didn't see any.

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

1 minute ago, Edward78 said:

Yes, if any game would just work with the same quality/performance in Linux/Unix/Mac I may ditch it. MS they are greedy little *****, god I think I remember reading about this in edge too a while back. Plus that update that makes it where you can't change the defualt browser!

Many of my games work on Steam OS with little to no issue. Thought the deck does have weaker hardware than my desktop, still the experiences is quite good.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

32 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Many of my games work on Steam OS with little to no issue. Thought the deck does have weaker hardware than my desktop, still the experiences is quite good.

I am wanting to build a small sit by the TV sys, Even just to sell. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLXY7S4Y/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A26YYQ0U8ZSIL1&th=1 to bad I can't find a deeper one, so I can fit a 2 fan GPU in it. Just get SteamOS and install. The OG Xbox would be a cool small sys if a sandwich style would fit. My GPU is 7.4 :(.

1.75 MB I/O backplate
1.30 2x gpu is 3.05 right. Seems the OG Xbox is enough.

I am dual booting with Windows on my Zephyrus Duo cause of its peculiarity which works best in Windows. It's a good thing I'm mainly a Linux user otherwise I'd be totally pissed right now.

Asus Zephurs Duo 2023:

CPU: 7945HX

GPU: 4090M