Were to find to find 4k blueray with no internet?

What 4k blueray player models are their brand new in Australia with no internet?

53 minutes ago, JarredFeutrill said:

What 4k blueray player models are their brand new in Australia with no internet?

Bluray players need (needed?  Not sure if they still bother) Internet at least periodically, as they add new encryption codes as hackers break the old ones.

You don't need to keep them connected all the time though, only if a specific title you bought is failing to play so it can update the firmware for the new codes.

I've not had mine online in years now (as BD-LIVE is buggy on The Big Bang Theory, causing it to fail to play if online) and not had any fail to play.

Or do you mean you can't buy from online stores?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Bluray players need (needed?  Not sure if they still bother) Internet at least periodically, as they add new encryption codes as hackers break the old ones.

You don't need to keep them connected all the time though, only if a specific title you bought is failing to play so it can update the firmware for the new codes.

I've not had mine online in years now (as BD-LIVE is buggy on The Big Bang Theory, causing it to fail to play if online) and not had any fail to play.

Or do you mean you can't buy from online stores?

best answer tbh

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

15 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

That's not true at all. The encryption has not changed since day one.

The PC software players had their keys revoked at one point and required an update. But I am not aware of any hardware player that needed an update for encryption.

The only reason to be online is to get firmware updates which are sometimes needed for certain discs but you can also update thru USB usually. My Oppo 203 has never been online and its last update was 5 years ago and it has no problem playing any new title.

2 hours ago, dilpickle said:

That's not true at all. The encryption has not changed since day one.

The PC software players had their keys revoked at one point and required an update. But I am not aware of any hardware player that needed an update for encryption.

The only reason to be online is to get firmware updates which are sometimes needed for certain discs but you can also update thru USB usually. My Oppo 203 has never been online and its last update was 5 years ago and it has no problem playing any new title.

They may not have changed, but the "official" line was that newer discs may use newer keys and thus all Bluray players have Internet connectivity, which is what the OP appeared to be asking.  It is of course also needed for BD-LIVE features, though most online features are likely offline at this point since many studios ditched Bluray.

There's also the annoying trend that for example Disney 4K releases don't have all the special features that are on Disney+.

I also mentioned that you don't need to use it unless a disk doesn't play, admittedly forgot to mention the USB update option.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7