MetallicAcid's Monolith FT03

MetallicAcid

Looking good.

I like the use of actual skills rather than palming it all off on to a miller.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Looking good.

I like the use of actual skills rather than palming it all off on to a miller.

Me too. But I have a one year old to look after, with just my apartment to mod - So sending the panels off to a CNC is a great help. Also the price is great, being just 600SEK (approx 50£).

Best regards,

Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

wm1nMWj_zps2faaacec.jpg

It is update time again folks :)

I have created a nice little walkthrough for your viewing pleasure after a certain mod has been completed. A photo update is soon to follow ;)

Without further adue, here comes the video: 

Thanks for once again joining my project in it's latest update, and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohslen

Look's very nice! Dat rad tho (The size always matters)

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Holy sh*t this rad is almost thicker than the whole case xD

It could really benefit from push-push config but i don't think there's room for that. Right?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Welcome to the latest update!

Sponsored by:

It is update time again folks :)

I have created a nice little walkthrough for your viewing pleasure after a certain mod has been completed. A photo update is soon to follow ;)
Without further adue, here comes the video: 

Thanks for once again joining my project in it's latest update, and hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohslen

This actually got me thinking...

With your OCD, of painting everything black, several times....

Recon it would be possible to paint the new asus z97 ws silver/nickel on the heatsinks? 

And then maybe remove the tags on all of the caps with some alcohol?

Reason I'm thinking of this....

I was looking at my case (tj11).. And it's got a few silver accents - Like a fan grill and some bullets around the window..

My original plan was going gold, but now this has got me thinking :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Minor thing, there is a big difference between having Aspergers, OCD and being particular about something.

This self diagnosed 'I have OCD' to be cool needs to stop, like now... it's not ok, real sufferers from these disease struggle every day to cope, I can only imaging the infuriating feeling they must get having people throw it around everywhere to be cool.

You like something a particular way and that's totally fine, you do not have a mental encumbering disease.

Look's very nice! Dat rad tho (The size always matters)

Thank you Matt. I love how insanely big it is.

You Sir are awesome.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thanks mate! :D

Does the Rad unbalance the case at all? o.e

as the rad sits on the ground, it has a low center of gravity. The entire case and rad feels solid like it was meant to be!

Holy sh*t this rad is almost thicker than the whole case xD

It could really benefit from push-push config but i don't think there's room for that. Right?

If the fans can't suck enough air then i will consider adding a set of fans to have a push pull config.

This actually got me thinking...

With your OCD, of painting everything black, several times....

Recon it would be possible to paint the new asus z97 ws silver/nickel on the heatsinks? 

And then maybe remove the tags on all of the caps with some alcohol?

Reason I'm thinking of this....

I was looking at my case (tj11).. And it's got a few silver accents - Like a fan grill and some bullets around the window..

My original plan was going gold, but now this has got me thinking :)

Painting the heatsinks is no problem. and instead of using alcohol on the caps, you could use an enamel paint and just paint it on with a brush.

Minor thing, there is a big difference between having Aspergers, OCD and being particular about something.

This self diagnosed 'I have OCD' to be cool needs to stop, like now... it's not ok, real sufferers from these disease struggle every day to cope, I can only imaging the infuriating feeling they must get having people throw it around everywhere to be cool.

You like something a particular way and that's totally fine, you do not have a mental encumbering disease.

I understand what you are saying. It is not a self given label though but instead something that my wife has said after much observation. We both struggle with my time wasting search of perfection via intense obsession.

It is not my intention to offend anyone that has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or Asperger's. We personally have family members with either condition and one that has both, so we are all too familiar with the symptoms and struggles.

Thanks everyone for all of the awesome comments! It has lit up my day!!

Best regards,

Justin.

wm1nMWj_zps2faaacec.jpg

Hi and welcome to another one of my updates!

This update is all about painting, and the completion of the radiator being mounted onto the back of the case, as seen in the video in the previous update. So far I am really happy with the progress that I have made and the end result of the mod.

The coming photos are in no real order, but I have tried to show kind of like "Before-After" shots of the various parts. I ended up painting the entire frame, all panels, the rad bracket and radiator itself. I also wanted to get rid of all silver inside of the case, so I even painted the screws and pop rivets. I must say that it is looking mighty sexy!

untitled-3-2_zps916bf137.jpg
6_zpsf33b4024.jpg
untitled-6-22_zps1d944d26.jpg
untitled-1-2_zps0919d9e6.jpg
untitled-2-2_zps812c3e3f.jpg
untitled-1-22_zps01973d10.jpg
7_zps2d015592.jpg
8_zps902e8fe6.jpg
untitled-1-2_zps38de3c95.jpg
untitled-3-2_zps8b6e41f3.jpg
30_zpsbb465909.jpg
32_zps46b5eda2.jpg
33_zps780ef657.jpg
34_zps62e9f6ef.jpg
35_zps3da30f3d.jpg
36_zps3a5534e0.jpg
37_zpse576aec9.jpg
38_zpsd89a4d0c.jpg
39_zps588bb94d.jpg

Now that this is completed I will start work on the top panel if time permits so that I can get a start on the watercooling. This panel will be a second priority though as I have some parts rolling in now for my Silverstone TJ07 project, so my focus will then be on completing that project with any free time going into this one.

So with that said, I would like to thank you for once again reading another one of my updates! Please let me know what you think! :)

Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

fNCklq9.png

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

fNCklq9.png

Yes you may! ;)

Ah, i couldn't tell if it was resting on the ground ornah. 

Ahh ok. There are some Ikea sticky fluffy feet underneath which gives the illusion that it is raised 2-3mm from the ground. 

Best regards,

Justin

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Pictures of the feet on the radiator...  <_<

also, google*

and... from*

What are you talking about, my spelling is emaculate.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You are going to open up the panel so the fans will actually work correctly right?

They will be massively starved of air as it sits now.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Picture, please? xD

These :) http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/images/products/fixa-sjalvhaftande-mobeltass-set-om-__28716_PE098859_S4.JPG

You are going to open up the panel so the fans will actually work correctly right?

They will be massively starved of air as it sits now.

I had no plans to do so Bneg. I had figured that this case would be as passive as possible due to the thickness of this radiator. If it is really necessary, I will attach 2 more fans and have push pull config with the case drawing in air from the very back blowing onto the back panel.

/Justin.

These :) http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/images/products/fixa-sjalvhaftande-mobeltass-set-om-__28716_PE098859_S4.JPG

I had no plans to do so Bneg. I had figured that this case would be as passive as possible due to the thickness of this radiator. If it is really necessary, I will attach 2 more fans and have push pull config with the case drawing in air from the very back blowing onto the back panel.

/Justin.

Are you an Ikea fan? >.>

/Justin.

I would put the fan on the other side, then there is less restriction

post-53826-0-29574100-1402955542_thumb.j

post-53826-0-29574100-1402955542_thumb.j