How to test is BOTH of my antennas are working?

So I had a little problem a while ago, when I installed my card into my mini pc, one of the 2 sockets broke (yes, you read that right).

image.png.2a010e27fe1181f91419595c15747108.png

(This isn't the actual card, I'm just showing what broke)

Obviously I wasn't happy about that, so what I did was glue it back on (non conductive glue) there, so it could make contact with the motherboard again.

Fast forward about half a year, and now I'm using the wifi on the PC (as opposed to ethernet which I've been doing so far)

How can I test if that 2nd antenna actually works (the glue job worked) of if it doesn't, and needs replacing?

11 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

So I had a little problem a while ago, when I installed my card into my mini pc, one of the 2 sockets broke (yes, you read that right).

Obviously I wasn't happy about that, so what I did was glue it back on (non conductive glue) there, so it could make contact with the motherboard again.

Fast forward about half a year, and now I'm using the wifi on the PC (as opposed to ethernet which I've been doing so far)

How can I test if that 2nd antenna actually works (the glue job worked) of if it doesn't, and needs replacing?

Unplug antenna 1. If you loose signal then #2 was not functional.

11 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

You can probably replace the card with an equivalent socketed one. There's still MSATA, M.2, etc ones available. I have like 3 different types sitting on my desk even. 

Those connectors suck. I've smashed one of them before installing an antenna, so I'm very careful with them now.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Those connectors are only rated for a couple dozen plug-unplug cycles, even under ideal conditions.

Glue won't fix the connection, so it's probably not not doing anything. If you're not good at soldering tiny surface mount parts, replace the module.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

Unplug antenna 1. If you loose signal then #2 was not functional.

Done, the glue job didn't work...

Ok, added a new card, however i wanted to know what the "e" stands for, as the new card doesn't have those pins.

IMG_20240408_171902_974.thumb.jpg.b1e6fcc76e09f10c8235b2e1dcec7af6.jpg

Also, i had to use a different antenna (since it was glued on the socket obvs the cable broke) and I'm wondering if that can make a difference, as the connection is now MUCH slower than with the previous card (having a single antenna)

It's for E and A key slots.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It's for E and A key slots.

Meaning?

If I don't have E what am I missing?