BIOS locked laptop… Help!

Hi all,

I have a laptop which work let me keep when we moved over to new laptops.  Admittedly i think it was just a nice IT guy as opposed to company policy.  

However, the laptop is bios locked, initially I managed to boot it from usb windows media, and reinstalled windows, removing all partitions (bitlocker was mentioned during this part).  Now when I turn on the laptop it takes me to a corporate login page, seems like initial set up of a corporate laptop.  

I am wondering if I replace the SSD if this will solve the issues and I can reinstall windows on it then? I’ve also read that if I use the new ssd in this machine it will be locked to that machine? I believe the Bios lock is going to be impossible to remove.  

Happy to answer any questions.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Henry421 said:

Hi all,

I have a laptop which work let me keep when we moved over to new laptops.  Admittedly i think it was just a nice IT guy as opposed to company policy.  

However, the laptop is bios locked, initially I managed to boot it from usb windows media, and reinstalled windows, removing all partitions (bitlocker was mentioned during this part).  Now when I turn on the laptop it takes me to a corporate login page, seems like initial set up of a corporate laptop.  

I am wondering if I replace the SSD if this will solve the issues and I can reinstall windows on it then? I’ve also read that if I use the new ssd in this machine it will be locked to that machine? I believe the Bios lock is going to be impossible to remove.  

If it's on windows 10/11 switch it to the other one? If on windows 11 go to 10, and if on 10 go to 11. Windows 10 keys work for 11 and same the other way around.

If you really deleted the ssd partition and made a new one this makes no sense however, as this would delete even any preinstalled software? I know because I was in this situation a few months ago, went through the whole delete and remake the ssd partition, and I was in. Without even changing windows. 

Edited by Hellowpplz

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

30 minutes ago, Henry421 said:

Hi all,

Really depends. If it was setup Microsoft Intune you can't remove it from enrolling as a company PC as soon as you go online. If its just BIOS locked, then you can get the company IT support to remove it. They might also be able to remove it from Intune, granted the company policy allows it.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

[ Thread locked ]

Sorry, we can't help you bypass IT security measures. Reach out to the people you got the laptop from if you need that removed.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:45 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Piracy, Hacking, and other Illegal Activities

• Discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted material, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.
    • Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
    • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
  • Discussion on engaging in hacking or cracking is not allowed, including:
    • Bypassing security features, restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring), including on your own device.
  • Any illegal content or discussion on engaging in illegal activities is not permitted. Canadian law applies, as well as any jurisdictions that apply to you.

(Emphasis mine)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.