Sli bridge RTX 2000

Does anyone know where to find a sli bridge for rtx 2000 series cards? I can only find overpriced ones (Europe)

From what I remember, they changed over to SLI over nvlink for the 2000 cards, which is a lot more sophisticated (and therefore expensive) unlike previous generations 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

which is a lot more sophisticated (and therefore expensive)

Don't forget to add niche since it only worked for the RTX 20 series cards and it's from when SLI was on life support, so economies of scale couldn't help bring the price down either as you had to have money to burn in order to even want one. 

I don’t mind more expensive but i don’t think €200 is right, I can find a bit cheaper but shouldn’t it be more like about €50?

Are they different from the normal nvlink bridges, I’m not sure

1 minute ago, RobinMaesDG said:

I don’t mind more expensive but i don’t think €200 is right, I can find a bit cheaper but shouldn’t it be more like about €50?

I fought they were different yes but I wonder what is different about them, maybe I can have them made through pcbway or something like that, I don’t know much about newer hardware I’m more into retro stuff tbh

21 minutes ago, RobinMaesDG said:

Closer to 100 euro is about what they were going for new back when they were still made. Odds are though in order to find one, you're going to be stuck going used as they haven't been made for 3-4 years, and used prices are whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

22 minutes ago, RobinMaesDG said:

Yes, they have a completely different pinout from the NVLink adapters used on Quadros, as well as a completely different pinout from those used on the 3090 (Ti). 

22 minutes ago, RobinMaesDG said:

maybe I can have them made through pcbway or something like that,

I somewhat doubt that, mostly due to NVLink having similar signaling requirements to that of PCI Express. Ordering a custom PCB of good enough quality to be capable of that might not end up being cheaper than the NVLink adapters. 

At the moment I have a i7 7900k I think and 2 gtx970 cards so that’s why I’m thinking about upgrading to 2 rtx2080 ti’s, I know it’s not the most cost efficient nor is it the best performance I guess but I like the look of the 2 cards and I would like to try raytracing and the 2000 series is getting pretty cheap second hand but they are getting old and that bridge is indeed getting difficult to find.

in short that’s why im looking for it

next time I upgrade I would go for a completely new build with a less exotic config I think but thx for the info I appreciate it

7 minutes ago, RobinMaesDG said:

why I’m thinking about upgrading to 2 rtx2080 ti’s

Nothing uses SLI anymore, it'd dead and buried at this point. The 2nd card would only be used in 3DMark, so you're spending an extra ~$200-300 on a 2nd card just for aesthetics. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nothing uses SLI anymore, it'd dead and buried at this point. The 2nd card would only be used in 3DMark, so you're spending an extra ~$200-300 on a 2nd card just for aesthetics. 

Keep in mind if what they’re doing is running in SLI on two 970’s, they’re probably already playing titles that benefit from SLI, and two faster cards in SLI is a viable performance increase for their use case

Just now, 8tg said:

Keep in mind if what they’re doing is running in SLI on two 970’s, they’re probably already playing titles that benefit from SLI, and two faster cards in SLI is a viable performance increase for their use case

But if you're playing older titles like that, odds are a single 2080 Ti is more than capable of running it at a good frame rate. 

Just an fyi but sli is dead done buried murdered taken out back eviserated now.

Id just get a single card the second gpu will basically do nothingg except for the handfull of games that did sli before but those are EASILY maxed on just a single 2080ti

If you really find 2 gpu's worth it just skip the rt2000 nvlink bridge it wont do much at all.

Or buy a single 3090

5 minutes ago, 8tg said:

despite that, I would still recommend one 3080 TI or higher instead. a game that old is likely to see basically zero real performance gains from SLI instead of a more powerful card.

maybe something like 400 FPS instead of 450? and if you're getting a huge performance gain from the GPU, the CPU will become pretty limiting.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I force sli in most titles and it would be mostly for the look tbh, I’m actually happy with the performance on the 970’s but 4gb vram is beginning to be a real issue, I also play Minecraft (GPU’s are almost always at 100% in demanding areas with and without optifine and I get anywhere between 10 to 500 fps depending on the area) and other older titles but I run them in 4K and I like to try the newer games to if I can run them, cyberpunk looks fun for example but I don’t think I can run it very well and I would like to try it with raytracing also tomb raider

Just looked at it and the second one isn’t used at al by Minecraft but I know it works in titles like mad max and I play a few older ones that probably use sli, I know I can’t really justify a second rtx card but I would probably use it in a different pc eventually

38 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

despite that, I would still recommend one 3080 TI or higher instead. a game that old is likely to see basically zero real performance gains from SLI instead of a more powerful card.

maybe something like 400 FPS instead of 450? and if you're getting a huge performance gain from the GPU, the CPU will become pretty limiting.

I will look at the pricing second hand for that one, last time I looked I could buy 2 2000 series cards and have a bit left for what a 3080 or 3090 went for but it would be better now with 5000 around the corner

1 hour ago, RobinMaesDG said:

it would be mostly for the look tbh

Well with that in mind, you actually wouldn't need SLI at all. However to justify the price, you could take up a hobby that utilises multi-GPU rendering aside from gaming. Or you could do folding@home

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Well with that in mind, you actually wouldn't need SLI at all. However to justify the price, you could take up a hobby that utilises multi-GPU rendering aside from gaming. Or you could do folding@home

I looked into folding at home but I don’t really want my pc using power 24/7 since I already have a poweredge t710 running always at about 300w with nas, Plex and Minecraft servers etc and power isn’t that cheap here, rendering is maybe something but I don’t really know what software or hobby for that matter

9 hours ago, RobinMaesDG said:

force sli in most titles and it would be mostly for the look tbh

Be warned there are a fair few newer games that will legit just hard crash when sli is detected because they don't know what it is.

don’t think I can run it very well and I would like to try it with raytracing also tomb raider

The issue with the 2000 series is that is is EXTREMELY first gen raytracing and it shows. A 2080ti has a hard time with rt in cyberpunk and lots of other games its why for rt use we recommend you skip the first gen rt cards.

will look at the pricing second hand for that one, last time I looked I could buy 2 2000 series cards and have a bit left for what a 3080 or 3090 went for but it would be better now with 5000 around the corner

Id really just opt for a single better card as a 2080ti is at best a 3070 in non rt games and drops to the level of a 3060 when rt is used often.

I didn’t know about the the crashing issue, I probably will look at 3000 series or higher than as I really like to try Minecraft with rt , at the moment I don’t even have to think about running with shaders, I’m running the game on very high settings which lowers fps but it isn’t fast paced so it doesn’t really matter but the moment I try it with shaders it doesn’t matter what quality settings I use it just goes single digits 

im guessing the 2080 ti is also no good for this than

my case is a cheap sharkoon vg6 so if it doesn’t fit I will probably just replace it, I would like to go back to a sleeper but my previous beige box literally fell apart hence the cheap sharkoon 

thx for all the good suggestions and information