Sony HT-S20R vs Samsung HW-B650

Hi all!

I have a Samsung HW-B650 at home. It's a fine soundbar, but I have the sub turned off permanently because of a hum that I cannot seem to get rid off.

I bought a new TV for my living room and I'm in the market for a new soundbar and found the Sony HT-S20R at a decent price. I'm contemplating whether it would be a better or at least the same when it comes to sound quality compared to the Samsung? I'd like to move the Samsung to the living room and put the Sony in the bedroom where I can take advantage of the 5.1 setup a bit more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Genuinly just get some normal speakers.

These are just cheap low end systems and a pair of mackie speakers will blow em out of the water.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Genuinly just get some normal speakers.

These are just cheap low end systems and a pair of mackie speakers will blow em out of the water.

The space of the bedroom is very limited. I could maybe get a pair of bookshelf speakers but that would also require getting stands and make the whole setup a lot more complicated. That's the only reason I'm going with a soundbar.

1 hour ago, wunagy said:

The space of the bedroom is very limited. I could maybe get a pair of bookshelf speakers but that would also require getting stands and make the whole setup a lot more complicated. That's the only reason I'm going with a soundbar.

For the budget basically everything will be just ok really.

A sub wont do much as its only making up for the lack of bass the normal drivers can give. A budget sub like that will only do the typical wub wub muddy bass and no more.

Just make sure you use CABLED stuff avoid wireless at all costs