Looking to potentially add a second GPU to my system to help with encoding

Just like the title says, I am Looking to potentially add a second GPU to my system to help with encoding for my livestreams. 

My current system:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

RAM: Trident Z Neo 2x8 @ 3600

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti

What I am planning to get as part of my "upgrade" to help me stream and game on this system more proficiently

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

Ram: Teamgroup Tforce 2x32 @ 3600

GPU: Intel Arc A380

The CPU will be a drop in replacement obviously, ram will be added to what I already have to make a total of 80gb, and arc card will also be added to strictly encode.

Though my big question is even when I am streaming and gaming on my current system, is this all even worth it? My CPU sits at 95% utilization, ram at 90%, and gpu just chillin at like 60% (All according to task manager). I do notice major dips in frame in the games i play (call of duty and helldivers) when i am streaming. But when I am not streaming and playing these games I feel like I am leaving performance on the table because nothing ever goes above 70% utilization if i am only play the game and not streaming. 

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Skip the gpu and get a better cpu. A 5700x3d or 5800x3d

Use the gpu to encode in obs nvenc encoding has like a 3% perf hit on fps and that is all. The a380 will only add more cpu load as now all the image data from the 2080ti has to go to the a380 to encode with its av1 encoder which takes barely any effort just like nvenc on your 2080ti. But that does increase cpu load.

Dont get the a380 the clear issue is cpu power so invest in that the most.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Skip the gpu and get a better cpu. A 5700x3d or 5800x3d

Use the gpu to encode in obs nvenc encoding has like a 3% perf hit on fps and that is all. The a380 will only add more cpu load as now all the image data from the 2080ti has to go to the a380 to encode with its av1 encoder which takes barely any effort just like nvenc on your 2080ti. But that does increase cpu load.

Dont get the a380 the clear issue is cpu power so invest in that the most.

Would you say to go with an x3d chip over a regular x chip? I'm not at a point where I am ready to drop all the money to upgrade to am5 and DDR5 currently, just want to get to a solid point with this setup where its at. Total Budget for CPU & RAM upgrade is about $300. theres a little bit of wiggle room there if needed though.

Though If i go with a crazy hot chip, I will probably need to get a new cooler as well, because I am currently running a coolermaster 120mil AIO i got with my first build when ryzen first launched with my 1600x.

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

Would you say to go with an x3d chip over a regular x chip? I'm not at a point where I am ready to drop all the money to upgrade to am5 and DDR5 currently, just want to get to a solid point with this setup where its at. Total Budget for CPU & RAM upgrade is about $300. theres a little bit of wiggle room there if needed though.

Though If i go with a crazy hot chip, I will probably need to get a new cooler as well, because I am currently running a coolermaster 120mil AIO i got with my first build when ryzen first launched with my 1600x.

Yeah so 5700x3d get some not too expensive 3600mhz lower cl latency ram and a thermalright peerless assasin 120.

Well in budget.

I dont see a need to get 64gb of ram so would just save ya some money.

Could also opt for a 5900x if you want more cores but I think 8 cores will be just fine

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Yeah so 5700x3d get some not too expensive 3600mhz lower cl latency ram and a thermalright peerless assasin 120.

Well in budget.

I dont see a need to get 64gb of ram so would just save ya some money.

Could also opt for a 5900x if you want more cores but I think 8 cores will be just fine

I just checked micro center, ebay, and amazon. All 3 show me over $300 before i even have ram in the cart with a 5700x3d. Those chips are about $250 themselves

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

I just checked micro center, ebay, and amazon. All 3 show me over $300 before i even have ram in the cart with a 5700x3d. Those chips are about $250 themselves

Ok so the issue stays simple. Your outta cpu resources and jist faster single core wont fix all. So worst case a 5700x on its own or I would save up a little bit more.

Or first do the cpu and cooler then ram after