Comic sans not showing up

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
7 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I notice on my PC at home and my phone so it funny it doesnt work at school.

I am also trying to figure out how a firewall could deny comic sans...

The font is being downloaded from another website, and that site is likely blocked.

Browser, version and OS: 

Firefox, (ublock orgin and noscript turn off) 124.0.1, MacOS Monteray 12.7.1

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I know my phone and windows 10 PC shows it.

But I think since I am at school the firewall somehow denies it.

What happened?

No comic sans

What did you expect to happen?

comic sans to show

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

ScreenShot2024-04-01at11_44_06_368.thumb.png.fbded450d123e3087012c6ae28afa70b.png

ScreenShot2024-04-01at11_48_14_604.thumb.png.61f3a27be5ac9a6da5b815d8c6ceadcd.png

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

You're not missing out on much though.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Probably tightfirewall everything is blocked with exception like this forum and such.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

7 minutes ago, sub68 said:

The font is being downloaded from another website, and that site is likely blocked.

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ok that makes sense... I can on my school issued device change to comic sans but that built in to google fonts.

11 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

Probably tightfirewall everything is blocked with exception like this forum and such.

Yeah school firewall is pretty goo.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Posted (edited)

I don't know why this is blocking only for a few. Perhaps related to Firefox?

E: maybe not because Chrome on my phone doesn't show it either

Edited by RockSolid1106
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I don't know why this is blocking only for a few. Perhaps related to Firefox?

The funny part of this is my phone and windows 10 pc at home both run current versions of firefox...

Also Comic sans randomly is on Right now so at this moment its on..

ScreenShot2024-04-01at12_31_00_380.thumb.png.f82680b66226aed816fd8cf0c8402231.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot2024-04-01at12_07_58_579.thumb.png.7bf20dd8e51325969fdd27e990c83bcc.png

ScreenShot2024-04-01at12_07_49_345.thumb.png.9a9fe6e55ce35fda6109510e6307b2f0.png

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Yeah district blocked the font pack explains alot.

ScreenShot2024-04-01at12_35_14_037.thumb.png.0c5909e2dc00cd82517be96bef04c154.png

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 hours ago, sub68 said:

the fonts are fetched from a font website... perhaps that website is blocked

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

28 minutes ago, djksm said:

the fonts are fetched from a font website... perhaps that website is blocked

6 hours ago, sub68 said:

ScreenShot2024-04-01at12_35_14_037.thumb.png.0c5909e2dc00cd82517be96bef04c154.png

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

21 hours ago, sub68 said:

But I think since I am at school the firewall somehow denies it.

What happened?

No comic sans

who knew schools didn't like fooling around

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

20 hours ago, sub68 said:

I'd fill out the web filter request form thingy- blocking a font is absolutely stupid

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

1 hour ago, GoStormPlays said:

I'd fill out the web filter request form thingy- blocking a font is absolutely stupid

what would you tell them, hey guys sorry im on a forum at school when im supposed to be doing schoolwork and uhh yeh i cant see the april fools prank plsp ls pls pls let me get the font unblocked pls

who knew schools didn't like fooling around

its given, I wrote that in a study hall.

I was wondering if it was fourm end or my end. and its my end but found in a interesting way.

8 minutes ago, djksm said:

what would you tell them, hey guys sorry im on a forum at school when im supposed to be doing schoolwork and uhh yeh i cant see the april fools prank plsp ls pls pls let me get the font unblocked pls

I wouldnt its too much for them and makes no sense.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

19 minutes ago, djksm said:

No, you ask them why the heck they’re blocking a font. Even if it’s insignificant, it’s their job to work their firewall correctly.

29 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

No, you ask them why the heck they’re blocking a font. Even if it’s insignificant, it’s their job to work their firewall correctly.

school is for learning. if you wanna play around with fonts, do it at home 

Plus, normally, they have a program that scrapes websites and blocks them even if its not bad

30 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

it also says "staff members"

i may be wrong but i dont think OP is a staff member

2 hours ago, djksm said:

school is for learning. if you wanna play around with fonts, do it at home 

Plus, normally, they have a program that scrapes websites and blocks them even if its not bad

Um, what is an essay, presentation, or report if you aren’t able to control your font?

2 hours ago, djksm said:

yeah I didn’t see that the first time. However, it’s still something that needs to be reported.

I get a lot of crap like this with the online schooling I take (I’m homeschooled, but this platform is funded and maintained by the state). 

For instance:

I was told at the beginning of last year not to use Google apps in any form or capacity to do my work because the files Google outputs “are not compatible with our system” (their words, not mine). I was told that if I sent in an assignment it wouldn’t be recognized and I would be given a 0. 

I have submitted every single assignment applicable with Google docs, and haven’t ever encountered a single problem. I also have a 99 in that class. 

I plan to tell the people running the schooling system at the end of the year, because a lot of the stuff they do makes it seem like their IT guys were hired off of Craigslist. 

38 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

Um, what is an essay, presentation, or report if you aren’t able to control your font?

Google docs has fonts built in, including comic sans.

ScreenShot2024-04-02at14_23_21_514.png.3cb3cb51c202b931684b72d465a71b42.png

2 hours ago, djksm said:

I am not a staff member, I am a student but also the IT guiniea pig

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Yeah, controlling for the font is fair... It's sad to me that we're collectively moving against serif fonts though.

Like for french essays when the length requirement was write 1.5 pages, double spaced 12 pt. with standard margins... My good friend the Verdana font saved me a few times inflating the page length ever so little when the deadline was in 5 minutes and I had no way to write enough extra in time.

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.

43 minutes ago, GoStormPlays said:

ecause the files Google outputs “are not compatible with our system” (their words, not mine).

depends on what the org has setup most cyberschooling is microsoft based from what I have seen, some are moving to google docs but dont know your org so...

if its File dependent I just submit everything as PDF if that was the case

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, WiscoMetro said:

Yeah, controlling for the font is fair... It's sad to me that we're collectively moving against serif fonts though.

Like for french essays when the length requirement was write 1.5 pages, double spaced 12 pt. with standard margins... My good friend the Verdana font saved me a few times inflating the page length ever so little when the deadline was in 5 minutes and I had no way to write enough more in time.

Lol I write mostly in arial and essays in times new roman 12 point font standard MLA formatting.

But google docs provides a ton of fonts and the district is like 100% google based...

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

17 hours ago, sub68 said:

depends on what the org has setup most cyberschooling is microsoft based from what I have seen, some are moving to google docs but dont know your org so...

if its File dependent I just submit everything as PDF if that was the case

Mine is Microsoft based. But It’s not necessarily that they don’t let us use google docs, it’s that the entire system is riddled with crap like that.

17 hours ago, sub68 said:

Google docs has fonts built in, including comic sans.

Well then you probably should report this because that shows that it’s a mistake.