Gpu and cpu usage fluctuate from %40 to %100

Squid501

Recently the witcher 3 crashed now it won't load. On top of that every other game that does start, performs like I spawned too many assets in game that the system is overloaded.

The cpu and gpu usage alternates one high one low each hitting %100 then dropping to about %40 only when in game. When at idle nothing seems amiss.

I'll add pictures as needed

Ryzen 5600x

Radeon 6700xt

16gb 3200MHz ram (2x8gb)

M.2 game drive

SSD boot drive

I would recommend to monitor temps while in game, using something like MSI Afterburner. System might be overheating. Also check CPU-Z, verify your RAM is running in dual channel mode (do you have 1x16 or 2x8?).

The behavior sounds like you're being limited by the CPU, but that shouldn't really be the case with this CPU/GPU combination. So something like thermal throttling sound like a possible explanation.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Got it working. Was some kind of drivers issue. I did a full reinstall of my cpu and gpu drivers. They work In unison again. Idk how it happened but something must have gotten corrupted when my game crashed. Also had to verify the integrity of the game files and delete the latest save file inside the save folder to get the witcher booting again. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. I don't have internet at home to do this easily