is it worth buying xbox series s

pandaarts

I recently sold my PC due to persistent problems and bought a MacBook Pro which I have been happily using. But the fact that i can't play games using mac is a horrible thing so instead of switching computers over and over i wanted to buy an xbox BUT i don't have any clue if it is worth using a console
note: i like playing with controllers and i had many games i bought in my xbox account
note 2: im not addicted to games anymore i just wanna kill time (not gonna play 24/7)

Do the games you want to play have Xbox Series S ports?

Are you okay with paying for Xbox Live if you want to play online multiplayer?

Are the games you want to play on Game Pass (assuming it's an option in your region)?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

13 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do the games you want to play have Xbox Series S ports?

Are you okay with paying for Xbox Live if you want to play online multiplayer?

Are the games you want to play on Game Pass (assuming it's an option in your region)?

DO I NEED TO PAY FOR MULTIPLAYER

4 minutes ago, pandaarts said:

Yes. This goes for Xbox and Playstation, you need to pay a monthly subscription to play online.

Free to play games do not require this.

30 minutes ago, pandaarts said:

I recently sold my PC due to persistent problems and bought a MacBook Pro which I have been happily using. But the fact that i can't play games using mac is a horrible thing so instead of switching computers over and over i wanted to buy an xbox BUT i don't have any clue if it is worth using a console
note: i like playing with controllers and i had many games i bought in my xbox account
note 2: im not addicted to games anymore i just wanna kill time (not gonna play 24/7)

Worth is highly subjective. What is the cost? Do you make enough money to comfortably pay for it?

Is an xbox a decent gaming experience? Yes. It is "worth" it? That is up to you to decide.

9 minutes ago, pandaarts said:

Only if you want to play multiplayer games online.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

it would be better to just sell the mac, and make a good gaming pc (if you don't need the portability), you really won't be switching pcs after that

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

Worth is highly subjective. What is the cost? Do you make enough money to comfortably pay for it?

Is an xbox a decent gaming experience? Yes. It is "worth" it? That is up to you to decide.

@pandaartsYes, Worth and value is very subjective. If you are going to use the xbox and get to play even half the games you want to play. While enjoying every time you play, then yes. why not. Take me for example, I buy multiple games and objectively, you might say they are not worth it. Regardless if I bought them discounted or full price it's a bad deal. Since they just piled up in my library, some haven't even been open/run yet for the first time.

2 hours ago, pandaarts said:

If you're not bothered about low resolution and low frame rates, then sure.  But overall the Series S is not a great experience if you're used to PC.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

9 hours ago, MiszS said:

it would be better to just sell the mac, and make a good gaming pc (if you don't need the portability), you really won't be switching pcs after that

i will need portability in a few months so I can't switch back to a pc

9 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

I live in Turkiye. No one makes enough money to comfortably pay for anything here.

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you're not bothered about low resolution and low frame rates, then sure.  But overall the Series S is not a great experience if you're used to PC.

I used a shitty pc for 9 years then upgraded so I'm used to low frame rates. The biggest red flag for me is the fact that you need to pay extra for multiplayer gaming which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Just now, pandaarts said:

I used a shitty pc for 9 years then upgraded so I'm used to low frame rates. The biggest red flag for me is the fact that you need to pay extra for multiplayer gaming which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Someone has to pay for the server upkeep as unfortunately peer to peer became too unreliable due to various routers and NAT solutions breaking it.

PCs don't need to be huge:

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7