Just built wife new water cooled pc

image.jpg

image.jpg

i am having some trouble trying to bleed this build though. As this res did not have a downspout and I was forced to make the connection from the radiator to the top of it I am assuming this is why I am having trouble bleeding it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to effectively bleed it and stop the bubbles. I am thinking of putting a 90 degree fitting on the other port on top and attaching a tube so I can fill it up more but also so that air can escape without the possibility of water splashing outside of the build as well. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ChrisZH

1 minute ago, ChrisZH said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

is it not turning on? or is it a 'show off' post. regardless it looks quite cool!

I bet it'll be even better with the lights on!

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, filpo said:

is it not turning on? or is it a 'show off' post. regardless it looks quite cool!

I bet it'll be even better with the lights on!

Sorry I forgot to add the text! Haha but yes it functions great! Just having trouble with air bubbles 😕

3 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Sorry I forgot to add the text! Haha but yes it functions great! Just having trouble with air bubbles 😕

Possibly run the pump slowly so air bubbles dont get sucked back down into the pump, wait for resevoir to fill with all the air thats in the system then top up, rinse repeat

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

2 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Possibly run the pump slowly so air bubbles dont get sucked back down into the pump, wait for resevoir to fill with all the air thats in the system then top up, rinse repeat

I thought of doing that too. I know when the machine turns on the res is only like half full. But when I turn it off the water rises to the top.

10 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

I thought of doing that too. I know when the machine turns on the res is only like half full. But when I turn it off the water rises to the top.

hmmm so theres air trapped somewhere, you might need to mess with pump speed so you can force enough water through to get rid of the air blockage then turn it down quickly so the air bubble doesnt get sucked back down into the pump below the resevoir

Can also, and a bit more scarily, unplug the resevoir and run then top up with water as level drops, should also help force air out, then replug and turn off and see if water level dips again

From the sounds of it theres possibly a dead spot where the water could be doing something like this at the peak of your loop or similar (bad drawing incoming) resulting in the resevoir being filled when off and lower when on

image.thumb.png.dff1aa1ddc9bf0e5f8a3effd9cfb3949.png

System specs:

3 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

hmmm so theres air trapped somewhere, you might need to mess with pump speed so you can force enough water through to get rid of the air blockage then turn it down quickly so the air bubble doesnt get sucked back down into the pump below the resevoir

Can also, and a bit more scarily, unplug the resevoir and run then top up with water as level drops, should also help force air out, then replug and turn off and see if water level dips again

From the sounds of it theres a dead spot where the water is doing something like this (bad drawing incoming)

Ya I think there is a dead spot in the res. What I've been doing is tilting the computer on different sides to try to get that bubble out but because the fill port and the intake to the res are so close together (poorly designed res imo) it was hard without water spilling. Thankfully I have nothing plugged in when I do this haha. But I was thinking of attaching a 90 degree fitting and then a tube so I can have that above the res and use that to slowly fill and even use it to try to let air out of the system with the pump going. What you think of this idea?

3 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Ya I think there is a dead spot in the res. What I've been doing is tilting the computer on different sides to try to get that bubble out but because the fill port and the intake to the res are so close together (poorly designed res imo) it was hard without water spilling. Thankfully I have nothing plugged in when I do this haha. But I was thinking of attaching a 90 degree fitting and then a tube so I can have that above the res and use that to slowly fill and even use it to try to let air out of the system with the pump going. What you think of this idea?

Pretty good idea imo

Youre radiator looks top mounted? You could try take that off and put it below the resevoir so the highest point becomes the resevoir and you might see some results that way before getting into attaching extra fittings?

System specs:

1 minute ago, TatamiMatt said:

Pretty good idea imo

Youre radiator looks top mounted? You could try take that off and put it below the resevoir so the highest point becomes the resevoir and you might see some results that way before getting into attaching extra fittings?

I thought about moving the case so the fitting on the res are at the highest point but that also depends on where the bubble is trapped at 😕

2 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

I thought about moving the case so the fitting on the res are at the highest point but that also depends on where the bubble is trapped at 😕

Ideally the bubble should be eliminated when running as water seems to be freely flowing if the resevoir level drops, but again youre getting into running it open without fittings, if its not too much effort the fitting idea seems good and seems to be slowly becoming the best idea 😋

System specs:

31 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Cause rad is on top...

Can you disassemble the rad from the case, put it on the desk/floor/whatever, and run the system for say 10min ?

Bubbles will then gather on the top point so the res, that you can then refill

Can do that not even running the CPU, disconnect the board 24pin ATX and use a jump start plug

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Cause rad is on top...

Can you disassemble the rad from the case, put it on the desk/floor/whatever, and run the system for say 10min ?

Bubbles will then gather on the top point so the res, that you can then refill

Can do that not even running the CPU, disconnect the board 24pin ATX and use a jump start plug

The problem is that the runs are tight to the point where I can't really move them around. So I don't really have any other option besides moving the entire case around.

29 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Ideally the bubble should be eliminated when running as water seems to be freely flowing if the resevoir level drops, but again youre getting into running it open without fittings, if its not too much effort the fitting idea seems good and seems to be slowly becoming the best idea 😋

Ya I think that might be the only viable option for the setup I have in there. Well after work I guess I'm gonna try that out!

6 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

The problem is that the runs are tight to the point where I can't really move them around. So I don't really have any other option besides moving the entire case around.

You can remove the whole cooling system out of the case (GPU included) and bleed/refill, did that when I went watercooling my (previous) GPU

Or run the PC top down lol 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

You can remove the whole cooling system out of the case (GPU included) and bleed/refill, did that when I went watercooling my (previous) GPU

Or run the PC top down lol 🙂

Ya I thought of just reorienting the case on the table and see if that helps haha

2 hours ago, ChrisZH said:

Ya I thought of just reorienting the case on the table and see if that helps haha

yeah as it'll make the bubbles move around