Youtube now has scam ads that look like videos!

Scam ads have now put text in their titles to look like real videos, but luckily i realized it was an ad before clicking on it. I had to click on the 3 dots to make sure that it was a google center thingy:  image.png.c1167fc137b721708e19dfd791a02bd2.png

ew that's ugly, also it's interesting YouTube is still allowing these ads,

which are both misleading scam and identity theft.

Who in their right mind would allow a scam AD that uses the face of the most popular content creator on the platform?

These scam ads date back several months, I've seen this type of ad definitely farther than half year ago.....

•  also there's a chance when you report it the original scammer already took down the ad or that it has been taken down
  • but then you'll see same/similar ad within the next week

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

this is what everyones going to be exposed to when google does its v3 thingie? goodnight ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Yep. Just had a user last week who searched "amazon" on google. Top  result was a google ad pretending to be amazon that led to scareware.

Fuck google, run Firefox and uBlock origin.

This has been happening for at least 6 months for me on google and YouTube. Absolutely disgusting, it seems that YouTubes auto AI isn’t smart enough to detect when influencers or other individuals like Mr. Beast are put in front. Hope they will find out a solution soon, but it’s been a while with no acknowledgement from Google.

17 hours ago, CoveWolf said:

This has been happening for at least 6 months for me on google and YouTube. Absolutely disgusting, it seems that YouTubes auto AI isn’t smart enough to detect when influencers or other individuals like Mr. Beast are put in front. Hope they will find out a solution soon, but it’s been a while with no acknowledgement from Google.

That's why i fear the ads on anything even if it's legit. But then again if i get third party and if they aren't maintained well enough then its also not solution.

You ever looked at YouTube ads and x mark?

For example you join stream you click X to close live chat but ad comes up and you clicked on ad while you intended to close chat.

As phone at the bottom is massive ad block if you intent to go back but misclicked yeah you're clicking on ad.

It did happen today and now I'm no longer in mood in watching YouTube because of that.

Arg i hate this so much its like I'm literally between opensource and company programs and most of the time i can't trust both.

It just makes it harder for me.

And slowly making me insane.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖