Alternative drivers for GPU HDMI Audio?

radiotura
Hi, I'm using the Nvidia High Definition Audio device driver on my PC to get sound through the HDMI port on my 4070 GPU. It's really my only option to work with my soundbar as this is a home theater PC. Problem is that it seems like the NGreedia audio driver is quite buggy. I think it goes "idle" or "to sleep" quite often because sometimes, if I switch to another audio source like going from one youtube video to another, the audio will completely cut out right upon starting playback. My solution is to change to a different audio device via the task bar then switch right back to NGreedia's and that seems to fix it right up - but of course that is not a real solution but a bandaid. Worse still, if I don't lose audio many times I get a tremendously loud POP or crackle when starting any new audio stream. It's quite horrific as it comes from my sub too. It's like a mini explosion in my living room.

Is there another driver that I can use instead of NVidia's so I can get audio from the GPU HDMI port? Like maybe windows 10 has some default standard driver device? I know it would be easy to test by theoretically just uninstalling Nvidia's driver but I have a history of making things worse rather than better by doing trial and error stuff when it comes to audio drivers, so I figured I'd ask first. Maybe someone is making an open source driver? I dunno, I'm just hoping someone knows something. This Q990C audio bar sounds great and was pretty expensive so it's a shame the way it's working right now.