Do I need a Windows reinstall when I switch from AMD to Intel?

So I decided to take a gulp and purchased the i9-14900K. My previous CPU was a 5900X, for massive content creation.

If I change CPU from different brand, will it affect the system significantly that I need a Windows clean reinstall?

51 minutes ago, Master PC said:

So I decided to take a gulp and purchased the i9-14900K. My previous CPU was a 5900X, for massive content creation.

If I change CPU from different brand, will it affect the system significantly that I need a Windows clean reinstall?

doesn't necessarily require a clean reinstall of Windows. there can be instances where leftover drivers or software from the previous CPU brand may cause conflicts or suboptimal performance. In such cases, a clean reinstall of Windows can help ensure that there are no remnants of the old drivers and that the system is optimized for the new hardware.

it's up to you to decide if you want to invest the time and effort in performing a clean reinstall or if you'd prefer to try the new CPU with your existing Windows installation first.

Worth trying a disk swap initially. Best case it works (after updating any drivers). Worst case you need that reinstall. If like me you have a lot of software and settings configured, setting up a new install can be a major pain.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

The main issue isnt that you changed CPU, it's that the CPU you chose is so strong and runs so hot that depending on your cooling and mobo you may need to tweak it to make it run smoothly and if you tweak the BIOS then it can cause subtle issues with the OS sometimes.

So your biggest problem is taming that beast 14900K.

1 hour ago, noname8365 said:

The main issue isnt that you changed CPU, it's that the CPU you chose is so strong and runs so hot that depending on your cooling and mobo you may need to tweak it to make it run smoothly and if you tweak the BIOS then it can cause subtle issues with the OS sometimes.

So your biggest problem is taming that beast 14900K.

How does this sound:

ROG LCII 360mm + Corsair 5000X?

motherboard is Z790-F