Bottlenecking question

I’m planning a high end pc build im going to get the and Ryzen 78003xD

and a nice x670E to go along with it and I of course want to get a 4090 to go along with it but I can’t quite afford it so I wanted to pull my 3060 TI that I have in my pre built and use it until I can afford a 4090 but I wasn’t sure if it was going to cause bottlenecking at all using a older gpu like that on new more powerful parts 

The gpu will be the bottleneck here, but that's still a great setup until you can get the 4090. That just means that you will get better perfomance playing at lower resolution like 1080p, and at high fps 

Your GPU will hold your CPU back, but that being said your GPU will be fully utalized. For gaming a CPU bottleneck is usually what brings problems with it. Your CPU can feed your GPU enough data to fully utalize it. It just means that your CPU can handle more powerfull cards.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

25 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Your GPU will hold your CPU back, but that being said your GPU will be fully utalized. For gaming a CPU bottleneck is usually what brings problems with it. Your CPU can feed your GPU enough data to fully utalize it. It just means that your CPU can handle more powerfull cards.

I just don’t want to mess anything up/want to be able to play games at good graphics etc 

There will always be a bottleneck somewhere. How it's designed. All we do is we shift around where this bottleneck is. 3060TI will be great for late 2010's AAA titles at max graphics. Last 4 years might be a struggle especially above 1080p. All contextual on what you plan to play and how.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, Shadowstriker said:

I’m planning a high end pc build im going to get the and Ryzen 78003xD

and a nice x670E to go along with it and I of course want to get a 4090 to go along with it but I can’t quite afford it so I wanted to pull my 3060 TI that I have in my pre built and use it until I can afford a 4090 but I wasn’t sure if it was going to cause bottlenecking at all using a older gpu like that on new more powerful parts 

there is no such thing as gpu bottleneck yet

2 hours ago, Shadowstriker said:

I just don’t want to mess anything up/want to be able to play games at good graphics etc 

You can't mess anything up by having a too powerful cpu, your gpu will be fully utilised, and since its a 3060ti, you will be able to play any game at good graphics. There is literally nothing you can lose from it, if you already have the gpu